Back from SGOR - but not married

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Melissa G

Melissa G
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:42 AM

I am back from Sandals Grande Ocho Rios and we had a great time!! Unfortunately Hurricane Gustav decided to come through and about half of our guests' flights were cancelled on Friday, so they would not have been able to get there until Sunday... (the wedding was scheduled for Saturday) So we cancelled the wedding. We couldn't get married without my Fiance's mom and his entire side of the family. Sandals was pretty nice about it and we should be getting a full refund.

We had a great time on our "honeymoon" and I will post some pictures of the resort. It is really pretty.

#2 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:45 AM

oh, no! that sucks, I am sorry to hear that. At least you and your family are home safe. what are your plans now?

#3 JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:47 AM

Awww...sorry to hear that you guys weren't able to get married. Thats very nice though that you're going to get a full refund! So, what do you plan to do now?

#4 Myda77

• 821 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:53 AM

OH man! I am really sorry to hear that. It's great that Sandals gave you a refund. Are you going to get married there, or have your plans changed?
          Maida & Tomas
          Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#5 DLyteful

• 879 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:21 AM

oh no!!!! I'm sorry to hear that. But it sounds like you are being so relaxed about it. Im glad everyone got back safe and sound AND you had a good time while there. We cant wait to hear about your future plans.

#6 -Kate-

• VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:30 AM

That sucks! At least everyone is safe and sound though.

#7 ~*petals*~

• 1,572 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:33 AM

Oh no! But I'm glad to hear they're going to give you a full refund.

Are you going to get married at home instead or reschedule your DW?

#8 jamisoncollette

• 1,257 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:44 AM

Wow, that is too bad. Did you buy insurance or is Sandals just really good?

#9 1elephant

• VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

wow, you're so chill about it - you must have had a GREAT time! now what?

#10 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:16 AM

Wow! That really sucks! Sorry to hear about it I think I would've gone about the situation, but it sounds like you're taking it in stride. What's the plan now? Did any of your guests end up going to Jamaica, or did they all stay home and get refunds from insurance?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users