Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bashigyal

Anyone heard of Laughing Waters?

Recommended Posts

This is supposedly a very exclusive location on Jamaica's north coast to have your non-AI wedding at, and I hear you even have to have a personal referral to the property to get any information on it...there is nothing to be found on the web. Does anyone know of this venue and can provide any info? I'm told it's a stunning location where the previous Prime Minister held his daughter's wedding, and I'm dying to check it out as I am not interested in having my wedding at an AI property. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashigyal View Post
This is supposedly a very exclusive location on Jamaica's north coast to have your non-AI wedding at, and I hear you even have to have a personal referral to the property to get any information on it...there is nothing to be found on the web. Does anyone know of this venue and can provide any info? I'm told it's a stunning location where the previous Prime Minister held his daughter's wedding, and I'm dying to check it out as I am not interested in having my wedding at an AI property. Thanks!
Laughing Waters is GORGEOUS! I also believe some of the James Bond Movie Dr. No starring Sean Connery and Ursla Andres was filmed there also...Here is a link to a recent wedding I found there:

Jim Kennedy Photographers Blog Archive ALi & Rich Jamaica Wedding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashigyal View Post
This is supposedly a very exclusive location on Jamaica's north coast to have your non-AI wedding at, and I hear you even have to have a personal referral to the property to get any information on it...there is nothing to be found on the web. Does anyone know of this venue and can provide any info? I'm told it's a stunning location where the previous Prime Minister held his daughter's wedding, and I'm dying to check it out as I am not interested in having my wedding at an AI property. Thanks!

FYI some of those photos from that wedding were shot at the exclusive private estate Rio Chico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticJustice View Post
FYI some of those photos from that wedding were shot at the exclusive private estate Rio Chico
So true my dear, so true!

The first link sells you Ric Chico...the second gives you the cost per day!

Unique Villas of the Caribbean Rio Chico Estate Home Page

Rio Chico : Ocho Rios : Jamaica Villas - Caribbean Villas by Luxury Retreats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I understand the government owns Laughing Waters and you can rent it from the government. I would contact the Jamaica Chamber of Commerece. Here are some more events at Laughing Waters:

 

Jamaica Gleaner News - It's Jeremy and Nina's wedding! - Sunday | December 3, 2006

 

Jamaica Gleaner News - Something extra - Tuesday | January 22, 2008

 

JCC - The Jamaica Chamber of Commerce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticJustice View Post
Laughing Waters is GORGEOUS! I also believe some of the James Bond Movie Dr. No starring Sean Connery and Ursla Andres was filmed there also...Here is a link to a recent wedding I found there:

Jim Kennedy Photographers Blog Archive ALi & Rich Jamaica Wedding
Wow, I found these pics right after I posted this thread...the pics and location are PHENOMENAL!!!! But I checked out the Rio Chico....um, $14,000US per night? Are they MADhuh.gif Raatid!!! Too rich for my blood. I'll leave that place to the Prime Minister and his croonies. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laughing Waters is a goverment owned property that is run by the Urban Development Corp (UDC). Laughing Waters is really not a tourist site I think they kind of want to keep it more local. You would have to contact the Saint Ann Development Corp, which is a subsidary of UDC for info regarding renting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×