Photo

Anyone heard of Laughing Waters?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bashigyal

bashigyal
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:32 AM

This is supposedly a very exclusive location on Jamaica's north coast to have your non-AI wedding at, and I hear you even have to have a personal referral to the property to get any information on it...there is nothing to be found on the web. Does anyone know of this venue and can provide any info? I'm told it's a stunning location where the previous Prime Minister held his daughter's wedding, and I'm dying to check it out as I am not interested in having my wedding at an AI property. Thanks!

#2 PoeticJustice

PoeticJustice
    • 91 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:10 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by bashigyal
      This is supposedly a very exclusive location on Jamaica's north coast to have your non-AI wedding at, and I hear you even have to have a personal referral to the property to get any information on it...there is nothing to be found on the web. Does anyone know of this venue and can provide any info? I'm told it's a stunning location where the previous Prime Minister held his daughter's wedding, and I'm dying to check it out as I am not interested in having my wedding at an AI property. Thanks!
      Laughing Waters is GORGEOUS! I also believe some of the James Bond Movie Dr. No starring Sean Connery and Ursla Andres was filmed there also...Here is a link to a recent wedding I found there:

Jim Kennedy Photographers Blog Archive ALi & Rich Jamaica Wedding

#3 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
      • 1,572 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:31 AM

WOW! What a beautiful setting!

#4 NotYourAverageDW

NotYourAverageDW
        • 361 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:14 AM

It's so funny that you posted this! I'm actually researching this and I'm hoping to get some info on it this week. Hopefully the info I get isn't a repeat of what I already have! I'll let you know how i make out.

#5 PoeticJustice

PoeticJustice
          • 91 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:31 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by bashigyal

FYI some of those photos from that wedding were shot at the exclusive private estate Rio Chico

#6 NotYourAverageDW

NotYourAverageDW
            • 361 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:45 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PoeticJustice
              FYI some of those photos from that wedding were shot at the exclusive private estate Rio Chico
              So true my dear, so true!

The first link sells you Ric Chico...the second gives you the cost per day!

Unique Villas of the Caribbean Rio Chico Estate Home Page

Rio Chico : Ocho Rios : Jamaica Villas - Caribbean Villas by Luxury Retreats

#7 PoeticJustice

PoeticJustice
              • 91 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:03 PM

From what I understand the government owns Laughing Waters and you can rent it from the government. I would contact the Jamaica Chamber of Commerece. Here are some more events at Laughing Waters:

Jamaica Gleaner News - It's Jeremy and Nina's wedding! - Sunday | December 3, 2006

Jamaica Gleaner News - Something extra - Tuesday | January 22, 2008

JCC - The Jamaica Chamber of Commerce

#8 PoeticJustice

PoeticJustice
                • 91 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:05 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by NotYourAverageDW
                  So true my dear, so true!

The first link sells you Ric Chico...the second gives you the cost per day!

Unique Villas of the Caribbean Rio Chico Estate Home Page

Rio Chico : Ocho Rios : Jamaica Villas - Caribbean Villas by Luxury Retreats

Too RICH for my Blood LOL!

#9 bashigyal

bashigyal
                  • 64 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:27 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PoeticJustice
                    Laughing Waters is GORGEOUS! I also believe some of the James Bond Movie Dr. No starring Sean Connery and Ursla Andres was filmed there also...Here is a link to a recent wedding I found there:

Jim Kennedy Photographers Blog Archive ALi & Rich Jamaica Wedding
                    Wow, I found these pics right after I posted this thread...the pics and location are PHENOMENAL!!!! But I checked out the Rio Chico....um, $14,000US per night? Are they MAD Raatid!!! Too rich for my blood. I'll leave that place to the Prime Minister and his croonies. LOL

#10 JamaicanPalm

JamaicanPalm
                    • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:00 PM

Laughing Waters is a goverment owned property that is run by the Urban Development Corp (UDC). Laughing Waters is really not a tourist site I think they kind of want to keep it more local. You would have to contact the Saint Ann Development Corp, which is a subsidary of UDC for info regarding renting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users