Day pass working for STD's?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:44 AM

we have it on our website listed immediately under the heading, "Guests NOT Staying at Dreams":

"If you must find alternative accommodations elsewhere, but wish to attend our wedding, a day pass may be purchased."

i think that pretty clearly states that staying elsewhere is not ideal, and that we will not be paying extra for those who choose not to stay at our wedding resort--that it will be ON THEM--and i think i said it nicely enough. i didn't mention the cost of the pass, but i did list our travel agent's contact information stating that she could help them find alternative accommodations and answer any questions they might have.

#22 Trice

• 295 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:01 PM

I ran into this same thing recently with 4 of my FI's family members. Nice to see different ways to handle this. My resort requires 80% of the wedding guest stay at the resort or they will cancel the wedding. I told my FI if they put me out of the 80% they just will not be able to attend the wedding. They may change their minds because they will have to buy 2 day passes to come to the rehearsal and ceremony. Thanks ladies

#23 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:20 PM

We havent' really had anyone thining about staying at another resort that I am aware of, but when FBIL wasn't booking because he didn't have the $$$, I told them about a cheaper option for a resort close by, and they seemed interested. Then I reminded them that there would be the cab ride over to our resort, and a $50 day pass fee for each day that they came to our resort. If he was still bringing his kids, that would be another $250 in day passes that he would be responsible for. They wern't excited about that and decided to jsut stay at our resort, although they still haven't booked.

I would think about including a positive sounding insert with the STD's &/or invites and posting it on the website.
        My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users