Photo

Star Fish Necklaces (ebay)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Erica053009

Erica053009
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:20 PM

Hi everyone so here is my latest story...I bought sterling silver start fish necklaces off ebay that I knew were Tiffany knockoffs (which they are) but they went a little too far. They actually have Tif & co engraved in the necklace and it comes in the Tif pouch and box ok no big deal right, wrong. I do not want my BM's to think they are real and it is a little embarassing telling them up front they are not real. Plus my BN's are NYC snobs and are drenched in Tiffany and will notice the box/pouch are the wrong color. I bought them because I thought they were pretty and they perfect gift not that they were Tiffany knockoffs but now it is drama something this simple is becoming a big pain...I just feel everything is going wrong even the small things

So my question is did anyone else buy these and are they telling their BM's they are fake?

#2 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
    • 1,257 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

Tiffany sued Ebay over people doing this. The suit was thrown out however ebay said it would do everything it could to prevent this from happening. My guess would be that you could return the items with ebay's support. You used paypal right?

#3 Erica053009

Erica053009
      • 513 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:18 PM

Yeah I used paypal, but I really do love them, but I guess it is only right to return them

#4 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
        • 343 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:16 AM

Too bad your BM wouldn't understand the story if you told them about it. I think my friends would laugh about the whole thing and hopefully realize that I was just trying to buy something nice and not a Tiffany knockoff.

#5 Aimless911

Aimless911
          • 391 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:25 AM

No matter what you decide to do, I'd at least email ebay and let them know what's going on. They've done a pretty good job lately keeping control over stuff like that and they don't want that kinda business on their site! You may get your money back AND get to keep the necklaces...ya just never know! :-)

#6 ~Jamie~

~Jamie~
            • 39 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:57 AM

How much were they? I might be interested in buying them from you, if they don't let you return them!

#7 HeatherInOntario

HeatherInOntario
              • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:52 PM

I'm sorry this happened to you! If you really like the necklaces, I would just let your bridesmaids know that you didn't know that they were Tiffany knock offs. I'm sure they will understand.

#8 dainanewell

dainanewell
                • 203 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:50 PM

I dont think they will really care ....it's a gift from you..they should be happy no matter how much it cost or if it's real or not....dont stress

#9 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
                  • 170 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:56 PM

That stinks (in a way)! I'd like to think that your BMs would just be happy to have free jewelry, but it doesn't sound as if that would be the case (my friends and I delight in knock-off stuff, but that is just us). If you aren't comfortable giving them, I would simply return them, and possibly report them to eBay. Good luck!

#10 mpajkos

mpajkos
                    • 359 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

I would return the ebay items. Something similar happened to my finace and I and we didn't have a problem returning them.

I think it was another thread on the forum but I found some really cool tiffany inspired looks that don't claim to be tiff. heres the site:
                      Sterling Silver Jewelry, Cubic Zirconia CZ Rings, Necklaces, Bracelets & Pendants, Earrings, Fashion Watches & Jewelry Gifts For Men

hope it helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users