Photo

I'm back... and now a Palladium bride-to-be! ***PICS***

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#71 soon2bmrsn

soon2bmrsn
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

I was just checking out pics of this resort on Trip Advisor - OMG the pool is AMAZING!! You lucky girls!!

#72 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
    • 1,572 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:41 AM

Here are pics of a Grand Palladium Jamaica wedding from Flickr. You can see the cake and the floral arrangements very well:

Jeff & Kari Wedding Ceremony - Oct. 9, 2008 - a set on Flickr

#73 turk

turk
      • 52 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:55 PM

Hey all GP Brides

I found the original prices of entertainment extras. These were printed right off their website!!!

6 person reggae band $350/hr-----now $2500 for 3 hours!!!!
        steel drum band $300/hr-----now $500/hr
        jazz band $350/hr----now $600/hr

I attempted to discuss these exuberant price increases with Charmaine, but she stated they were comfortable with them as they compared to those charged by other resorts. We also discussed with Charmaine having a private appetizer/drink meeting with our guests the day before our wedding. In less than 2 weeks time after meeting with her, the price went up an additional $3pp. INSANE!!! I have yet to take this up with the new WC, but plan to after she adapts to her new position.
        Did anyone ever find an email to the resort manager??

As for group rates.......I was told by Charmaine they were not available and they would not hold a block of rooms. However, they will attempt(key word) to place all in your party within close proximity.

Sorry if this was a downer, do ya think they may be price gouging a bit?!

#74 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
        • 1,572 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:36 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by turk
          Hey all GP Brides

I found the original prices of entertainment extras. These were printed right off their website!!!

6 person reggae band $350/hr-----now $2500 for 3 hours!!!!
          steel drum band $300/hr-----now $500/hr
          jazz band $350/hr----now $600/hr

I attempted to discuss these exuberant price increases with Charmaine, but she stated they were comfortable with them as they compared to those charged by other resorts. We also discussed with Charmaine having a private appetizer/drink meeting with our guests the day before our wedding. In less than 2 weeks time after meeting with her, the price went up an additional $3pp. INSANE!!! I have yet to take this up with the new WC, but plan to after she adapts to her new position.
          Did anyone ever find an email to the resort manager??

As for group rates.......I was told by Charmaine they were not available and they would not hold a block of rooms. However, they will attempt(key word) to place all in your party within close proximity.

Sorry if this was a downer, do ya think they may be price gouging a bit?!
          The price increases are steep, especially given the economic crunch everybody's in right now!

I couldn't find a direct e-mail for the hotel manager, but here's a contact list: Resort Contacts Maybe one of them can help with the direct contact info for the resort manager?

#75 caroline

caroline
          • 697 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

Turk, if you get the right TA, they'll sort out holding a block of rooms for you... for the purposes of booking. But as far as I know, our party are not going to all be together. You can't if some are in villas, some in jr. suites and some in one bedrooms...

#76 CantWait!

CantWait!
            • Banned
            • 48 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:17 PM

nbro!

Did you get that photography information from the WC? Or are you finding from a website somewhere?

Thanks SO much for posting!!! I'm having to piece together package information by reading all the posts out here! I wish the hotel had its own website where this kind of info was posted.

#77 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
              • 1,572 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:33 AM

Here's a review of a recent wedding at Grand Palladium Jamaica!

Welcome to the Palladium Addict Forum • View topic - Wedding & Trip Photos

#78 nbro

nbro
                • 36 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:45 PM

Hey 'can't wait', the price list was actually e-mailed to me from Charmaine while she was working at the resort.

#79 Leez309

Leez309
                  • 186 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:25 PM

This thread and the pics have been so helpful in helping me to decide where to have my wedding. This place is a definite contender. It's beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users