Photo

I'm back... and now a Palladium bride-to-be! ***PICS***

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 Emily&Matt

Emily&Matt
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:07 AM

Wow, that is really beautiful. I love the Blue Lagoon restaurant. If I get married outdoors on a beach, I'd want to have the reception where everyone can see the water too.

#22 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
    • 1,572 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:13 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jax1182
      Petals, Can I ask one more question? Do you think the Blue Lagoon is big enough for 60 people with room for a dance floor? I can't exactly tell from the picture how big it is?

Thanks for all the info...
      I would say yes, especially depending on how you have it set up. It's one of the main buffet restaurants for breakfast and lunch only so it's pretty big.

In this pic the section off to the left is the Indian restaurant, and the two sections to the right are both in Blue Lagoon. To the very far right and out of frame is the Italian restaurant.

Click the image to open in full size.

Below is the view from the other side. In this pic, you see the Italian restaurant and the Blue Lagoon is the part sticking furthest out into the pool.

(Can you tell I took a LOT of pics while I was there??)

#23 mcrowe00

mcrowe00
      • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:28 PM

Your Pics are great! I recently booked the Grand Palladium for a July 11, 2009 wedding and I am so excited. Thank you for sharing your wealth of information!

Attached Files

#24 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
        • 1,572 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:20 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mcrowe00
          Your Pics are great! I recently booked the Grand Palladium for a July 11, 2009 wedding and I am so excited. Thank you for sharing your wealth of information!
          Congratulations-- there are now a few of us on the board! Glad I could help!

#25 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,921 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:05 PM

Looks nice! I have had family stay there and they loved it too!

#26 Sparkles8300

Sparkles8300
            • 349 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:12 PM

Thanks for all of the info!! The sunset is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We heading down to GP Oct 9th-13th to check it out. I am hoping that they have the beach location fixed up by then, since that is where I would like to have my ceremony. Do you think 50+ people could fit on the beach area?

I will post pictures of the updates/repairs that they have made since the hurricane. Thanks again for the great pics and information, it helps a lot!! I feel a lot less stressed out just seeing how amazing it looks in your pics.

One more thing...did you talk with her about getting a block of rooms discounted for your wedding guests? YAY! I am SOO EXCITED!!!

(someone needs to make a rasta smiley icon for all of us Jamaica brides!!! lol)
              WE WERE SO BLESSED TO HAVE A PERFECT WEDDING WEEKEND FROM START TO FINISH!

My Planning Thread:http://bestdestinati....c-heavy-53105/Our Sungold Photograpy Slideshow to music:http://www.sungoldph....otter-hooters/http://tickers.Ticke....3c97/event.png

#27 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
              • 1,572 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:08 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sparkles8300
                Thanks for all of the info!! The sunset is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We heading down to GP Oct 9th-13th to check it out. I am hoping that they have the beach location fixed up by then, since that is where I would like to have my ceremony. Do you think 50+ people could fit on the beach area?

I will post pictures of the updates/repairs that they have made since the hurricane. Thanks again for the great pics and information, it helps a lot!! I feel a lot less stressed out just seeing how amazing it looks in your pics.

One more thing...did you talk with her about getting a block of rooms discounted for your wedding guests? YAY! I am SOO EXCITED!!!

(someone needs to make a rasta smiley icon for all of us Jamaica brides!!! lol)
                Definitely looking forward to your updates in October! I'm not sure how many people can fit at the beach location, but it was in a nice location- La Brisas beach. (see map below)

The gazebo is going to be located at what's labeled as "Lookout Point" on the map.

We chose not to pay deposits to hold rooms for the group, so I didn't inquire about that. We're using a travel agent who is booking our guests on packages from Apple Vacations, which are still really good.

Also wanted to share this resort map with everybody as well:

#28 KEE LAC

KEE LAC
                • 251 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

looks nice. are you excited?
                  Soon TO be MRS. Clark:[SIGPIC]

#29 barrow

barrow
                  • 121 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

WOW. It looks amazing
                    life is too short, live in the moments.

#30 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                    • 1,572 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:55 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KEE LAC
                      looks nice. are you excited?
                      Very! Especially now that people are starting to book.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users