Jump to content

Photo

I'm back... and now a Palladium bride-to-be! ***PICS***


  • Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#11 caroline

caroline
  • Member
  • 697 posts

    Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:38 AM

    Petals, thank you so much for taking the time to respond to all of my questions you're the best! I feel so much better for your having visited and sounding as thrilled w/it as you do!

    We have about 20 booked thus far and so are going to have to do the set menu (did Charmaine quote $50 per head?) but that's okay - so long as the menu is good.

    I'm thinking that the BL (outdoor) would be a nice venue~

    Know what you mean about the photographer-issue. I checked w/her on that also. Do you know how many photographs are in the "package" and did you happen to see any of the photographers work?

    #12 caroline

    caroline
    • Member
    • 697 posts

      Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:41 AM

      petals, what have you decided on for entertainment? Did Charmaine give you options?

      #13 Jen_S

      Jen_S
      • Sr. Member
      • 3,737 posts

        Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:09 AM

        looks awesome the sunset is amazing!
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

        #14 ~*petals*~

        ~*petals*~
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,572 posts

          Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:02 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by caroline
          Petals, thank you so much for taking the time to respond to all of my questions you're the best!
          We have about 20 booked thus far and so are going to have to do the set menu (did Charmaine quote $50 per head?) but that's okay - so long as the menu is good.

          I'm thinking that the BL (outdoor) would be a nice venue~
          I'm also doing the Blue Lagoon. It's really pretty and I think it'll be lovely at sunset. The other restaurants are also nice but BL is the only one where you can have music, etc.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by caroline
          Know what you mean about the photographer-issue. I checked w/her on that also. Do you know how many photographs are in the "package" and did you happen to see any of the photographers work?
          The Caribbean package includes eight 5x7 photographs, and she said he only takes pictures during the ceremony. I didn't see any of his work.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by caroline
          petals, what have you decided on for entertainment? Did Charmaine give you options?
          I think we're just going to have the DJ. Although while I was there, I saw the steel drum band perform and they were awesome! I understand they have a minimum of 2.5 hours though. I just went off of the attached price list.

           

           

          Attached Files



          #15 Yari

          Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

            Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:06 PM

            Great pics, thanks for sharing!

            #16 GregsBride

            GregsBride
            • Jr. Member
            • 333 posts

              Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:16 PM

              Petals,

              You are such a wealth of information!!! Thanks for posting such great pics... I was able to visit and my future brother in law took pics, but yours are so stunning!!! I shared the pics with my fiance and he is even more excited! I guess I need to get on the ball now and get in touch with Charmaine, but I'm not to sure if it's too early since my wedding won't be until 2010.

              One question, when I was there I asked about outside vendors and she said they had not made a decision... Did you speak with her about this and have they made a decision. I'm asking because I will most likely want to bring in my own photographer, though I haven't found one yet, because their photography packages seem pretty limited.

              Thanks again!!!

              Christina
              ~Christina

              #17 ~*petals*~

              ~*petals*~
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,572 posts

                Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:15 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by GregsBride
                Petals,

                You are such a wealth of information!!! Thanks for posting such great pics... I was able to visit and my future brother in law took pics, but yours are so stunning!!! I shared the pics with my fiance and he is even more excited! I guess I need to get on the ball now and get in touch with Charmaine, but I'm not to sure if it's too early since my wedding won't be until 2010.

                One question, when I was there I asked about outside vendors and she said they had not made a decision... Did you speak with her about this and have they made a decision. I'm asking because I will most likely want to bring in my own photographer, though I haven't found one yet, because their photography packages seem pretty limited.

                Thanks again!!!

                Christina
                You're welcome! It's exactly what I would've wanted if I hadn't had a chance to get down there so I'm more than happy to share.

                I didn't look at any of their photography packages.... and I don't know what their decision was about outside vendors as a whole, but when I saw her the second day, she said that she checked about the photographer and she said she had inquired about it and they wouldn't be pushing the issue of the photographer and it would be fine for me to bring mine. Please let me know if you hear anything!!

                I think they'll have a lot more happy brides if they are flexible in that way! Nobody wants to be worrying about that on their wedding day.

                #18 mpajkos

                mpajkos
                • Jr. Member
                • 359 posts

                  Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:24 PM

                  Congrats on picking a place! I really liked the pic of blue lagoon!

                  #19 jax1182

                  jax1182
                  • Newbie
                  • 31 posts

                    Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:10 PM

                    Petals, Can I ask one more question? Do you think the Blue Lagoon is big enough for 60 people with room for a dance floor? I can't exactly tell from the picture how big it is?

                    Thanks for all the info...

                    #20 amberagd

                    amberagd
                    • Newbie
                    • 59 posts

                      Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:03 AM

                      Thanks for posting all of this resort information! It's so nice to see personal pictures and experiences instead of just company websites!
                      Amber
                      Eugene, OR




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users