Photo

Need Help with MUSIC!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 clmarti1

clmarti1
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:26 PM

I'm wanting to use a live band... but I'm not sure where to start. Does anyone know of any good bands that might also sing in English Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
    Cindy

#2 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
    • Banned
    • 494 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

A lot of brides have recommended a band called "enlace" i know they have a website if you google it. also search on bdw for enlace and you will find more info. We are doing a DJ because my friends love to dance so we want to cover top 40's plus have a 1980's and 1990's go around to rock it out.

Let me know how the band search goes.

Best

#3 edna

edna
      • Site Supporter
      • 1,360 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

Most of the live bands plays music in english, and you can provide a list with your "musts" so dont be afraid, they will sing in english for sure, there are good bands in Mexico and considering PVR either you must get one from Guadalajara or the only one recommended from PVR wich is Enlace...

Here are some suggestions:

Enlace from PVR

Strella from GDL

#4 clmarti1

clmarti1
        • 207 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:21 AM

My wedding planner suggested Grupo Farra. I checked out their website, i'm just afraid that it wont sound the same in person. Have you guys heard of them?

Cindy

#5 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:32 AM

We used Enlace and thought they were amazing. We didn't have any english music though because we only wanted them to play spanish music. We mixed cd's with english music to play during the brakes.

#6 clmarti1

clmarti1
            • 207 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:20 PM

What type of group did you go with at Enlace?

#7 edna

edna
              • Site Supporter
              • 1,360 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:41 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by clmarti1
                My wedding planner suggested Grupo Farra. I checked out their website, i'm just afraid that it wont sound the same in person. Have you guys heard of them?

Cindy
                Cindy
                who is your WC? I must tell that grupo Farra is like more kind of "tropical" band not as versatile as Enlace or any other from Guadalajara...

#8 clmarti1

clmarti1
                • 207 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:13 PM

My wedding coordinator is Eduardo Rivera. He is a local, and my mom met him when she went on a trip to PV. I am hoping to make a second trip to PV so that I can meet him and also find a restaurant for the rehersal dinner.

Cindy

#9 edna

edna
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 1,360 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

I don't have more info on Grupo Farra but you might want to ask your WC to send you a sample DVD then you can check if that is what you are looking for, but definitively I would chose Enlace vs Farra

#10 clmarti1

clmarti1
                    • 207 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:24 PM

My WC says he prefers Farra, but I just don't know if I want to go with a group that no one has recommended on this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users