Photo

OOT Cruise Bags

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cruisebride2009

cruisebride2009
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:45 PM

Hola! I am trying to start getting some ideas for my oot gift bags for my cruise guests. Any other cruise brides working on gift bags?

#2 FLgator

FLgator
    • 253 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:35 PM

I am, although I haven't gotten too far. So far we have nice canvas bags, hand sanitizer, and water bottles for them to take on excursions. I am just picking up things as I find good deals. WHat about you?

#3 Tamster808

Tamster808
      • 193 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:43 PM

I am giving white paper gift bags with a beach tote inside (various colors). I am also including: personalized water bottles, sunscreen, tylenol, aloe, dramimine, and immodium. I am actually giving these to the hotel to distribute since almost everyone will be staying the night before. We are havign a welcome dinner the night before at the hotel too.

#4 Banana11

Banana11
        • VIP Member
        • 8,841 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

I was the recipient of a cruise OOT bag a few years ago. We attend a good friends cruise wedding. The best part of the whole OOT was the bag itself! Everyone in the group carried their's around the entire trip! I still use mine all the time! Other things we liked were the candy/snack items and the tylenol. They also put a personal note to each of us in the bag. That meant the most! Another cute thing they did was include two post cards (already stamped). They asked us to mail one to them during the cruise and then again when we got home. They wanted us to write anything that came to mind about our trip, their wedding, etc. When they got home they included them in a memory book. Very cute!

#5 Erica053009

Erica053009
          • 513 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:05 PM

wow the post card is a neat addition, and I love the water bottle idea for a cruise you should bring your own water on some of the islands. how about flip flops or a water proof money/passport holder since you need money on the islands Accessory Case Waterproof - Pool Toys & Pool Accessories ? Toysplash Pool Fitness Accessories (not the best site but if you like it you could keep looking)

#6 FLgator

FLgator
            • 253 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:47 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Erica053009
              wow the post card is a neat addition, and I love the water bottle idea for a cruise you should bring your own water on some of the islands. how about flip flops or a water proof money/passport holder since you need money on the islands Accessory Case Waterproof - Pool Toys & Pool Accessories ? Toysplash Pool Fitness Accessories (not the best site but if you like it you could keep looking)
              That's a great idea, I will keep my eye out for something like this!

#7 cruisebride2009

cruisebride2009
              • 31 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:06 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Pug3636
                I was the recipient of a cruise OOT bag a few years ago. We attend a good friends cruise wedding. The best part of the whole OOT was the bag itself! Everyone in the group carried their's around the entire trip! I still use mine all the time! Other things we liked were the candy/snack items and the tylenol. They also put a personal note to each of us in the bag. That meant the most! Another cute thing they did was include two post cards (already stamped). They asked us to mail one to them during the cruise and then again when we got home. They wanted us to write anything that came to mind about our trip, their wedding, etc. When they got home they included them in a memory book. Very cute!
                That is a great idea about the post cards!

#8 cruisebride2009

cruisebride2009
                • 31 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:12 PM

Great ideas! I think we are going to give actual beach tote bags to our cruise guests. We are allowed to have 50 non cruising guests at our wedding, so we are going to give them smaller bags. So far, we are definitely doing bottled water with a personalized label. I saw these cute luggage mint tins on beau-coup.com (this site has really cute beach wedding stuff). They also have mint tins that have a cruise ship on them that are really cute. Definitely want to do sunscreen, headache medicine, maybe the small bottles of alcohol (not to be taken with the headache medicine ) If I come up with anything else, I will post it!

#9 Cattie

Cattie
                  • 594 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:06 PM

So far I have nice canvas beach bags purchased from 5 Below (another bride posted pictures somewhere)

-Hand Sanitizer
                    -Travel Shower Gel
                    -Travel Body Lotion
                    -Passport Holders Passport Covers travel Cruise and beach wedding favors Thanks to Yari for this link!
                    -Pop up laundry baskets Laundry Hamper, Mesh Fabric, Pop Up Laundry Hampers at Vista Wholesale
                    -Bonine, Tylenol, Alcohol Wipes, Hangover Cure
                    -Water Bottles with custom labels (although I may change my mind and do sports bottles with sticker labels)
                    -Doing a book with a welcome letter, time line for wedding day, info about the boat, and info about Bermuda

That's about all I have so far. Some things I haven't bought yet due to it being so far out. But that's my basic list.

#10 Banana11

Banana11
                    • VIP Member
                    • 8,841 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:24 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Cattie
                      So far I have nice canvas beach bags purchased from 5 Below (another bride posted pictures somewhere)

-Hand Sanitizer
                      -Travel Shower Gel
                      -Travel Body Lotion
                      -Passport Holders Passport Covers travel Cruise and beach wedding favors Thanks to Yari for this link!
                      -Pop up laundry baskets Laundry Hamper, Mesh Fabric, Pop Up Laundry Hampers at Vista Wholesale
                      -Bonine, Tylenol, Alcohol Wipes, Hangover Cure
                      -Water Bottles with custom labels (although I may change my mind and do sports bottles with sticker labels)
                      -Doing a book with a welcome letter, time line for wedding day, info about the boat, and info about Bermuda

That's about all I have so far. Some things I haven't bought yet due to it being so far out. But that's my basic list.
                      I love the pop up laundry hamper! Great idea! I'm mailing a pre cruise care package and so far I have a half finished passport welcome book and the empty luggage tags. The tags are GBC brand self laminating pouches from Staples. They'll do the job but i'm not overly impressed with them. I guess I figured they would be thicker more heavy duty. All together they'll get the luggage tags, welcome book, and an onboard credit to use anywhere on the ship. I'm not sure what else i'll throw in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users