Sign in to follow this  
lilmisssunshine

Advice for avoiding scams

I have been on other websites and have seen warnings for girls selling or buying wedding gowns online. Apparently girls selling their dresses have received bad or stolen checks and usually the purchasers are men from overseas. That being said, I am a very intelligent woman and would like to think I would never fall victim to such a scam. I also would not purchase a dress online from anywhere outside the USA or Canada. I am however wondering how is everyone else going about this process? Are you writting/accepting checks? Not everyone has paypal as an option. Does anyone have any advice about what to do or not do when buying a dress (used or new) online. Does anyone have bad experiences they might want to share to help others so they can avoid problems/scams? Thanks.

I only use paypal. If they cannot pay or accept payment using paypal, then I don't do business with them. I don't trust people enough to use personal checks for payments of any kind. I have purchased from vendors overseas and have had no problems.