Photo

a more private beach to wed at?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EngagedToBeMrsB

EngagedToBeMrsB
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:07 PM

Hey everyone! Im new here and am looking into having a destination wedding in California but having never been there before I am having a little trouble. I was wondering if any of you could give me some suggestions for a beach to wed at that has more of a private feel to it but possibiliy still has a place for us to honeymoon at quite nearby. Also, we are water junkies so having good access to the beach is a must! Sorry I am so picky! :)

#2 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
    • 1,213 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:02 PM

Here is a wedding I shot in Santa Barbara. The beach was public access, but definitely felt private. Although the sand does not have enough room for a large wedding.

And of course there are tons of Hotels places to honeymoon in town with access to the ocean.

Let me know if you want more details.

You may want to look into La Jolla/San Diego as well.

Good luck!

#3 RubyRed

RubyRed
      • 28 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

Maybe check out Coronado. Hotel del Coronado would be a gorgeous place to have your honeymoon. Good luck!

#4 TnA2009

TnA2009
        • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by nathanielthompsonphoto
          Here is a wedding I shot in Santa Barbara. The beach was public access, but definitely felt private. Although the sand does not have enough room for a large wedding.

And of course there are tons of Hotels places to honeymoon in town with access to the ocean.

Let me know if you want more details.

You may want to look into La Jolla/San Diego as well.

Good luck!
          We loved the pictures of this location. Can we get more info from you about this beach? We are looking for a semi private scenic location for our wedding.

#5 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
          • 1,213 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:17 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by TnA2009
            We loved the pictures of this location. Can we get more info from you about this beach? We are looking for a semi private scenic location for our wedding.
            I'd love to tell you all about it, just send me an email or pm. Thanks!

#6 hara_3d

hara_3d
            • 18 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:40 PM

Be careful what part of California you do go to. There are some places that I drove by that are quite beautiful at the end of august, and they were pretty cold. I also am considering California--among many other locations--so let me know how it works out, and be sure to get a weather check on the location before you book.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users