• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#171 montegobay09

montegobay09
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:16 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by edssbride09
    OMG, i just realized my legal day is 6 weeks tomorrow, and my wedding is 8 weeks! What have I been doing with my time? It feels like I haven't done anything!!! I did however just hire our choreographers for our Rock the Reception dance, my ring is ready this weekend, and i ordered my fake flowers for my bouquets... but really haven't done anything for the guests, for BMs, for decorations... PANIC
    OMG I totally just realized that I forgot to talk to you about the Rock the reception thing!! How could I forget?!! I think it's so worth it cause it'll be the highlight of the night! We were planning on doing the same but we don't have coreographers in my end of the country!! You need to get a video!!

#172 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
    • 274 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:16 PM

Wahoo! I FINALLY booked our legal ceremony... 4 weeks and six days from today! I've gotta find a white sundress....

#173 jhawkev

jhawkev
      • 124 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

Eek! I just realized my first bridal shower is in 2 weeks!! I need to find something to wear for that and our legal ceremony on St. Patrick's day.

And I am less than 2 weeks away from paying for everything at the Resort, I can't believe it's that close.

#174 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
        • 668 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:08 PM

UM yeah- we had to pay our balance for the trip on Friday! Crazy stuff!
          WE made a make-shift asembly table on our dining room so that I can see everything that needs to be completed and FI finally realized that there is a lot to do!
          Invites should be in this week and will be sent out next week! (only sending them to people who booked)
          Need to print out AHR invites also!
          And the list goes on!

#175 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
          • 668 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:08 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jhawkev
            Eek! I just realized my first bridal shower is in 2 weeks!! I need to find something to wear for that and our legal ceremony on St. Patrick's day.

And I am less than 2 weeks away from paying for everything at the Resort, I can't believe it's that close.
            Your wedding day is on my mom's b-day!

#176 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
            • 274 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

Alright ladies, where do you all stand on the to-do list?
              I know that are some pretty imparative items left undone, but oddly I'm not super stressed yet... and we depart on March 29th.

Here's whats at the top of my outstanding (don't even get me started on whats been accomplished for the AHR):

Grooms attire
              Outfit for Bridal shower 2/28
              Outfit for Bachelorette Party 3/14
              Dress for Legal Ceremony 3/19
              Petti Coat
              Something Borrowed
              Bracelet
              Six Pence
              Finish OOT Bags
              Dress Fitting and Sash to be made
              Parents' gifts
              and my wedding ring was just ordered

#177 Starryt

Starryt
              • 127 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:38 PM

I'm not alone!
                Knowing that.. I feel better and motivated.

I have...
                • applied for Melanie's passport (my 5 month old baby)
                • ordered my dress
                • sent STD magnets
                • created wedding website
                • decided what will be in the OOT bags
                • paid for airline tickets
                Most important so far... Picked the right guy and joined BDW for some help and much needed guidance.

Click the image to open in full size.

#178 montegobay09

montegobay09
                • 832 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

I'm feeling a little stressed especially when I look at the ticker in my siggy and it says I have less than 2 months...so exciting and nerve racking at the same time!!

Things I have left to do are..

mail notarized documents
                  book caterer for AHR (we're having it april 25th) eeek
                  decide what MC will say during AHR
                  decide on structure/timeline of AHR
                  dress fitting (this week)
                  buy body tape (so dress sticks to skin)
                  re-count supplies and favors for OOT bags and make sure I've packed enough of them.
                  re-pack OOT stuff into a suitcase that I can fold into another one (so I don't have to pay for a 2nd suitcase on the way home!

We're getting down to the wire! This thread is great for reminding me of what I need to do.

#179 Kla.Kari

Kla.Kari
                  • 101 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:19 AM

Wowsers... yeah I definitely have been avoiding this thread, but I guess it is high time I kick our to-do-list in high gear.

I will say this, the Fi has been oh so helpful in getting some things done.

Wedding stuff we still need to do:
                    Get bridesmaids dress order finalized (yeah, they still haven't placed their orders)
                    Buy bridal accessories (jewelry, hair/veil stuff, purse, petticoat etc.)
                    Finalize guest count (need to follow-up on over 100 RSVP cards that haven't been sent back... sheesh people, it already has a stamp on it!)
                    Buy guest book
                    Schedule dance lessons for first dance
                    Find a hair stylist/make-up artist on location
                    Buy sand ceremony kit
                    Insure engagement ring
                    Take engagement photos (I swear, we'll be married before we take a single engagement picture... lol)
                    Oh, and probably the biggest thing -- FIND A WEDDING GOWN! No pressure.
                    Courtesy of Josh Brown Photography

Pigeon Island, St. Lucia
                    April 11, 2009Simply Beautiful

#180 Kla.Kari

Kla.Kari
                    • 101 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:19 AM

Wowsers... yeah I definitely have been avoiding this thread, but I guess it is high time I kick our to-do-list in high gear.

I will say this, the Fi has been oh so helpful in getting some things done.

Wedding stuff we still need to do:
                      Get bridesmaids dress order finalized (yeah, they still haven't placed their orders)
                      Buy bridal accessories (jewelry, hair/veil stuff, purse, petticoat etc.)
                      Finalize guest count (need to follow-up on over 100 RSVP cards that haven't been sent back... sheesh people, it already has a stamp on it!)
                      Buy guest book
                      Schedule dance lessons for first dance
                      Find a hair stylist/make-up artist on location
                      Buy sand ceremony kit
                      Insure engagement ring
                      Take engagement photos (I swear, we'll be married before we take a single engagement picture... lol)
                      Oh, and probably the biggest thing -- FIND A WEDDING GOWN! No pressure.
                      Courtesy of Josh Brown Photography

Pigeon Island, St. Lucia
                      April 11, 2009Simply Beautiful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users