Jump to content

Photo

April 2009 Brides Check In!


  • Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#151 jhawkev

jhawkev
  • Newbie
  • 124 posts

    Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:57 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dreams425
    My shower invites were mailed today! Its starting to feel so real! When is everyone having their shower? Mine is March 14th!
    I know, there aren't that many weekends left! My friends shower is March 1st, bachelorette March 21st (but we're going to the courthouse March 17th, oopsie!), and family shower March 28th, then we leave for Mexico April 8th. And my dress is suppose to arrive mid-Marchish.....if not, another purchase from JCrew will be in the works.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andi
    I am with you there! We actually have done NOTHING for the AHR...don't even have a tentative date yet! oops! I am thinking though that it probably won't be until June or July and it will be a simple BBQ in the park or something like that. I honestly don't even really care to have an AHR but my parents and relatives who are not going to Mexico are nagging us!
    Same here, we've talked about it but planned nothing and everyone keeps asking

    #152 Sloan

    Sloan
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,279 posts

      Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

      Found out today that my work collegues are throwing me a shower March 1st -- the day after our Buck & Doe aka.Jack & Jill (for those of you not familiar it's basically a big party with DJ, booze, food and prizes to fundraise for the couple) Im probably going to my own shower with a raging hangover. LOL

      Booked our appt to get our docs notarized next week. Booked our reception dinner with the WC this week as well. Things are rolling along...

      #153 montegobay09

      montegobay09
      • Member
      • 832 posts

        Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:48 PM

        We got our documents notarized and it's definately starting to feel real!! I'm hesitating to send them out this early though just in case they lose them. I think I'll just scan them and then send them out as soon as I can so that they're out of my hands! I can't believe we're so close to April!!! It's so exciting!!

        Oh and I bought a new bikini too!! I really can't wait!!

        #154 sarafish81

        sarafish81
        • Jr. Member
        • 353 posts

          Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by montegobay09
          We got our documents notarized and it's definately starting to feel real!! I'm hesitating to send them out this early though just in case they lose them. I think I'll just scan them and then send them out as soon as I can so that they're out of my hands! I can't believe we're so close to April!!! It's so exciting!!

          Oh and I bought a new bikini too!! I really can't wait!!
          I just bought 2 new bikinis and a ton of summer clothes on sale from Victoria's Secret! I'm so excited to wear my new clothes LOL

          April will be here before we know it!

          #155 montegobay09

          montegobay09
          • Member
          • 832 posts

            Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by sarafish81
            I just bought 2 new bikinis and a ton of summer clothes on sale from Victoria's Secret! I'm so excited to wear my new clothes LOL

            April will be here before we know it!
            Mine are VS too!! A new dress and a bikini...but I'm just about to order two other bikinis too!! Isn't it fun shopping the summer clothing sales this time of year??!!!!

            #156 sarafish81

            sarafish81
            • Jr. Member
            • 353 posts

              Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

              I ordered everything through their semi-annual sale and even with the exchange rate and shipping, I think I got some really good deals...I've tried on my new stuff a few times already. My FI just laughs and is like, "another fashion show??" LOL

              #157 S2BLennon

              S2BLennon
              • Member
              • 668 posts

                Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

                I have my eye on a VS bikini too - but I want to loose a little more weight on BL5 prior to going shopping!
                I finished my bubbles, tissue holders, memorial fan, ceremony programs, and starfish placecards! Now I only have to complete my OOT bags on the DIY list!
                YEAH!

                #158 Ryan's girl

                Ryan's girl
                • Jr. Member
                • 256 posts

                  Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:27 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by S2BLennon
                  I have my eye on a VS bikini too - but I want to loose a little more weight on BL5 prior to going shopping!
                  I finished my bubbles, tissue holders, memorial fan, ceremony programs, and starfish placecards! Now I only have to complete my OOT bags on the DIY list!
                  YEAH!
                  Nice work Shannon! I wish that I could say the same!

                  I honestly haven't even been able to think about wedding stuff for the past couple of weeks as I have been busy writing up report cards for my many precious grade 1 students. They are due tomorrow so I'm plugging away to get them done and then ALL of my focus will be on wedding stuff!

                  I honestly feel like I have so much to do, it's very overwhelming! I know it'll all come together in the end but I'm beginning to stress out. Sometimes I think planning a DW is so much more work that having a wedding at home...but I guess it's all about what you make of it!
                  Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
                  http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
                  My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

                  #159 San Fran Sarah

                  San Fran Sarah
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 173 posts

                    Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:51 PM

                    Hi Ladies-- I've been lurking on this post for a while I thought I'd chime in. Does anyone elses FI still need to purchase his suit and groomsmen clothes? I'm starting to panic that it isn't going to get done!
                    We still need to get our rings too so I'm way behind. I can't believe how close it is! It's hard to get any work done. I feel like I could do wedding stuff full time.

                    #160 sarafish81

                    sarafish81
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 353 posts

                      Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:13 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by San Fran Sarah
                      Hi Ladies-- I've been lurking on this post for a while I thought I'd chime in. Does anyone elses FI still need to purchase his suit and groomsmen clothes? I'm starting to panic that it isn't going to get done!
                      We still need to get our rings too so I'm way behind. I can't believe how close it is! It's hard to get any work done. I feel like I could do wedding stuff full time.
                      Yes!! I am in the same boat. I am flying out to see my MOH this weekend to get her her dress, and my FI is supposed to be meeting up with his best man this weekend to get pants/shoes (we ordered their shirts before Christmas). I know I'm probably over-reacting, but I feel like this is too last minute!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users