April 2009 Brides Check In!

Okay I just had a mini panic attack while reading this forum. We haven't booked our stay yet (wedding is Apr 17th in PV at the Riu Vallarta hotel)! I didn't think we were in a big rush but I guess I should go ahead and do that. We did send out STD's and buy my dress. I think I need to get a photog too. Geezzzzzz....I thought having a destination wedding was less stress. I want someone to do all of this for me!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another April Bride at your service smile116.gif

For so far I have arranged the following stuff:

Booked the resort for ourselves and for all our guests

Booked the flighttrips for everybody

Got my outfit together ( dress shoes hair flower Accesories)

FI and I went to the denstist for white teeth

Got all my FI outfit together ( only need flipflops )

Got my BM Dresses + shoes bought

Ordered our own designed rings (ready in February)

Made the guest list complete with adresses ( Finally )

Got the decoration for the location ( picked out)

Got my bouquet picket out

Booked a party loaction for the wedding reception back at home

Booked the caterer

Booked the dj ( need to make playlist ) Book wedding suite for after weddingreception

Wedding favor and cards are ready.

Hired a digital reception book.

All transportation for Jamaica and for at home is ordered

Still need to:

Get outfit for our ring carier

Make and find Music cd for ceremony

Buy us some wedding invitations ( Endless job )

Find text for the invitations ( aaargghh )

Sexy Wedding lingery for the wedding night

Need to make an apointment with the hairdresser for custommade extensions

pay for the other 80% of the trip ( ouchhh )

Go to the Notary ( FI has own company

Get al my documents for legalisation of the wedding

Make name card for wedding diner.

Make reservations,for mani + pedi

Make OOT BAGS

Goshhh,,,still so much to do, but the most is done..I probably forgot a few things here and there, but This almost says it all.So ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
Hey you :)
You probably should book the hotel really soon, but how about using one of the travel agents on the forum?

I think you're pretty good besides that!

I have a travel agent that is helping us (well, somewhat...) I think we will book our travel within the next 2 weeks. Have to wait to see what happens with the FI's job.
I'm feeling better today because we have a set plan. We just have to book it now...oh yeah and pay for it :)

I hadn't checked this thread out in a while and of course I got stressed out again wishing that all this stuff was already done!! I'm realizing that I'm quite the procrastinator(I guess I already knew that) but I've finished enough things to make me feel comfortable with it. Since my last post we've

oredered our rings

ordered and received carstock for invites and tags

received my dress

ordered and received welcome bags

bought some things for welcome bags

booked caterer for AHR

I still have tons to do!!!!! Right now I'm focusing on find myself some shoes (thanks for the floppyjos.com hint It looks amazing and I think I'll order some this week!,find hair flower, getting our birth certificates and passports notarized, decorations for AHR, getting invitations made.

EEK I have a lot to do. Thanks so much for this thread for keeping me on track...

Oh yeah, and I've lost 8 lbs so the weight loss is going pretty well. Still want to lose another 7 lbs. Keep the posts coming ladies you're really keeping me on track! Good luck! -

AVA - Yay for being wedding date twins! Happy planning!

OK I was also stressing out about having a lot to do... I guess that it hits you once you are under the 6 month mark huh?

But this weekend I reorganized my binder and spreedsheets and feeling a little better.

So far, We have:

Booked flight and land

ordered dress and sash, earrings, need to get flower for hair

got 3 pairs of shoes. (Just in case!)

went on a shopping spree and bought 6 sundresses, one for each night of the pre wedding and honeymoon! - Easy and cute attire

bought FI's suit shirt and tie

ordered moms dress

completed web-site (needs updating!)

bought MOH and BM suits

bought oot bags and started to compile goodies to fill them!

made and sent out STDS

booked AHR caterer ( I hate planning 2 weddings! this was supposed to be a piece of cake! Its getting BIG)

bought AHR invites

bought AHR decorations/ centerpieces

bought DW 8" starfish to make some kind of centerpiece out of them... what was I thinking. I am creative but am having a block on this one!

Had Legal day! Yipppeee!

completed Vows. :)

registered for gifts

asked attendants to participate

To Do:

Order DW invites

get raffia fans for programs and complete them!

Sexy lingerie and BD shoot! -- FUN!

get stationary for DW and AHR placecards and print!

complete table numbers

book AHR hotel blocks

pick up dress/ get alterations

get final accessories for "look"

alter FI's suit

get parent and attendant gifts

work on 1st dance

compile song list & set up I POD.

Pay travel balance

finish OOT bags

Order Sand ceremony vases, cake topper, knife and server

Convince FI to do TTD and get a dress:)

**I feel like I have so many DIY projects that I cant start because I need more crafting / supplies to get moving on it, but I don't know where to start with shopping first. It's like when I see it, then it clicks and I gobble it up, but when I feel crunched to get that ribbon / paper to complete a project I can never seem to find what I am looking for... Know what I mean?!

So I guess I am a little further along than I thought. I am sure that there is a ton that I am missing though, esp since it is 1:30 in the AM and here i am typing this! LOL

Too funny S2BLennon. You have a lot more done than I do...well I guess just in different places. I'm sure it will all come together.

I know exactly what you mean about it being so easy to buy something to start a project and then it being soooooo hard to find specifics like ribbon to actually get going on the project. I've been procrastinating on doing all the stuff and I have to just put aside a day (or three) to get all that done! Glad to hear I'm not the only one stressing...I think we should be fine though. Good luck!