April 2009 Brides Check In!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthag View Post
Great job!!!!

My FI dad passed away almost 4 weeks ago today so I feel like we are at a standstill.
I've actually picked bridesmaids dresses and changed my mind on my dress this past week (he doesn't know any of this) but as far as anything else... nothing.

I've even asked him if he wants to postpone the wedding. He says no but at the same time I don't think he's ready to start talking "wedding" againhuh.gif
So sorry to hear about your FI's dad. I'm sure it's hard to bring up wedding stuff. But, if he wants to keep the date, I say just start doing things on your own, and he'll join back in when he feels ready to.

All my best,
Sherry

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kla.Kari View Post
Oh, Samantha. My sinscerest condolensces; it is always tough to lose family members, no matter what the circumstances. I wish you well.

I did get a few more things done on my list... Our save the dates are sent, created a wedding logo, and narrowed down my dress options. I may post the finalists once I have narrowed it down to just 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srbina View Post
So sorry to hear about your FI's dad. I'm sure it's hard to bring up wedding stuff. But, if he wants to keep the date, I say just start doing things on your own, and he'll join back in when he feels ready to.

All my best,
Sherry
Thanks ladies! grouphug.gif It has been difficult but with each day things are getting better.
Kla.Kari I LOVE your logo colors! Can't wait to see photos of ur dresses! We don't mind if you have more than 2 to show! :)
Sherry: That's exactly what I'm doing. Just kinda doing little things on my own until I feel he's ready.

Thanks for your support ladies!!!

Oh Samantha my heart goes out to you!!

I am planning something at our wedding to remember/include my own father's memory, who passed away back in '99. You are more than welcome to this idea ... we are going to take a green (my Dad was Irish) floating candle and send it out to sea at some point in the evening after the wedding, and my sister and i will both have a bit of green ribbon tied into our bouquets for him. It's just something small, but I want to have a physical link to him at our wedding ...

Now for my update ....

- Flights booked April 24th to May 9th

- Beaches Boscobel booked for the wedding April 28th at 3PM, staying at Beaches from April 25th to May 1st

- Honeymoon Booked at Grand Lido Braco from May 1st to May 8th (Fantastic prices!!!!) We got a Royal Beachfront room, which we have had before and loved, with $500 in spa credits and one night free for $2,178!!!!!

Invites are completely finished, just need to mail/hand deliver them to our families on Monday (Canadian Thanksgiving)

WOW!!! Time to exhale and think of the next steps ...

Take care ladies & gents,

Danielle

I love the candle idea! I think that's so poetic.

I have now purchased a wedding guestbook, and the flowergirls gift. Also bought some pashminas for the bridesmaids from ebay.

Yup, haven't done much more! I'm really thankful I chose to do the all inclusive thing now!

We have finally decided on our invitations!! Making the deposit tomorrow. They should be printed and ready to get mailed the first week in November...however now I'm a little hesitant with all of the Dreams Tulum closure drama sad.gif We are in the process of developing a back up plan. I just don't want to delay the invites because of the location. So confused!

I love the candle idea to honor your dad! I've been trying to think of something to honor his memory...

My little update:

had a meeting/tasting with the caterer for the AHR

bought BM dresses (not totally sure if they're going to work out, but whatever!)

decor for AHR almost done

website complete (wanna see? it's Tatiana Price & Clayton Stahn's Wedding Website - WedQuarters)

bought sand ceremony frame

OOT bag contents almost done

Now, I'm leaving on Tuesday for a 2 week Brazilian vacation, so I'm ready to kick back and relax!!! I love that the "To do" list is getting shorter and shorter!

I can't believe it ladies! We're only 6 months away!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ask for an RSVP with your save the date, for planning purposes? If not, that may be why you aren't seeing any.

That said, I planned on sending out the invites beginning of November (which I just realized is only two weeks away! sheesh! I am so behind!). Depending on how detailed your save the dates were, you could wait to send your invites until about 2 months prior. If your save the dates were just about the date with no details, you may want to send invites about 4-6 months out, so guests have adequate time to make travel arrangements.

Hope that helps!

Hey there, here is my update! We have been engaged just about 6 weeks so it's been busy trying to get some things checked off the list.

- Booked travel April 22nd - May 2nd

- Booked our parents and siblings travel

- Sent out save the dates - 75 assembled and sent

- Started our formal invites, planning on mailing in early Febuary, our save the dates have the travel info included

- Bought my dress (my favorite part so far)

Next up

- Pick our wedding parties

- Grooms tux

- Finish Invites!

HOLY CRAP! We are less than 6 months away... I was on top of things, purchasing stuff for DIY, now I think that I have too many projects that I took on and will have to start the assembly now!

Spreadsheets up the wazoo to see what I have to do when, I just don't have time to do it all!

OK BREATHE! To do now....

start gathering info for formal invites (having Sarah do them!)

hire AHR caterer

Relax....