Sign in to follow this  
Celina

What was your wedding dream as a little girl?

I remember watching Princess Di's wedding on tv and loving her looooooong train and veil. But I also thought I would have a degree, career, get married and have a kid by the time I was 25. Obviously, I had no idea how time worked :)

I always wanted I really long train, long veil, my Mom was going to make my dress with lots of beading and she was also going to make the cake which was going to have several sections that had stairs from one part to another and figurines of the whole bridal party on it.

Well, it will be in the beach, I have a train, but it isn't really long, no veil, mom didn't make my dress although she is adding some beading to it, and the cake is nice and simple and she isn't making that either. Larry is only having a BM now and I am only having my MOH and my sister stand up for me now, rather than a huge bridal party.

I can't remember ever thinking about weddings as a kid. I have never dreamed of a big wedding. once I started thinking about weddings, my thoughts were more about how to avoid having a wedding.

going to mexico did the trick. it was everything I loved & none of the stuff I would have hated.

i guess i always did tell my mom i wanted to get married on the beach. ever since i first saw the ocean i was in love. but my mom always said "everyone says they want to get married on the beach but no one actually does" to which i would say "i'm going to be the one that actually does" guess that turned out true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
i guess i always did tell my mom i wanted to get married on the beach. ever since i first saw the ocean i was in love. but my mom always said "everyone says they want to get married on the beach but no one actually does" to which i would say "i'm going to be the one that actually does" guess that turned out true!
So cute!!!

I realized in my mid 20's that I wanted to get married on the beach. Noone believed me...LOL look at me now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari View Post
So cute!!!

I realized in my mid 20's that I wanted to get married on the beach. Noone believed me...LOL look at me now.

ha, we showed them!

I am also a girl who never had a dream for her wedding - but that all changed when I went to Cuba when I was 18 and fell in love with the sand, the ocean, the warmth and the relaxation. As a girl from cold, cold Canada and a waterbaby, I knew that the beach was where is was at...since then I knew when the time came I was going to be married with the sand between my toes. In fact, I used to joke I wouldn't wear a dress, just a white bikini! That visual changed when I got engaged...but I also had no clue where to start with planning a wedding when the time came to begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Martha View Post
I didn't have one.

I was too busy fighting wars with my brother's GI Joe men! :)
Awww...lucky you...at least you had a brother! hehe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC77 View Post
Ha, my dream was to NEVER get married and NEVER have kids. I wanted no part of any of it. My how things change. I'm so excited to have found someone I can't imagine NOT marrying and we are excited to have a child someday as well. When I was a kid I wanted a great job, my own house and a dog. No husband. lol
This was SO me when I was a teenager!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinB View Post
Well, when I was really little, I wanted the Steel Magnolia wedding...My colors would have been blush and bashful because pink is (still) my signature color! LOL

I actually had about 5 weddings planned, all dependant upon the groom and his personality, by the time I was 18.

I really wanted a Southern Living style wedding on a family estate, too bad neither myself or DH have a family estate!

So, the beach was our best option!
HAAHAA! OMG Erin - that is hillarious! I want a family estate too!