Photo

Seagrape or Poolside?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 nscaper

nscaper
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:07 AM

I chose the Seagrape because I wanted the beach, the ocean sounds etc, and my TA recommended it based on other weddings she booked there. So I went with it.
    I am not interested in the disco at all, not sure why. Figured we could do that almost any night there. I wanted something more "Jamaican", something warm and different than any other reception I ever went to...
    More and more people are choosing the poolside, and after I thought about it, it seems like such a great idea - the pool lights, the hard surface, that pool smell.... I think that's a great idea too!

We are also having dinner at 6:30 and the Seagrape at 8:30... Marnie&Peter and I have alot of the same things in common - we're sharing the same date! She's doing the Poolside and me the Seagrape, both with the Mammee Bay dinner! :)

#12 Jill

Jill
    • 113 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:02 AM

I am doing the poolside.. the whole dinner and everything there though. Chandlyn told me they are round tables that seat 8.. white linin on them. THey put candles on the tables. Also they light the area with flood lights and littlle lights (i think she means the little christmas lights).

#13 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
      • 302 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:28 AM

Thanks Jill for letting us know about the poolside!!!

#14 dinzers

dinzers
        • 45 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

Wow...i didnt even know the poolside was available. We're doing Mammee Bay & the Seagrape too.

I can't seem to find any pics of the Seagrape at night though. Can somebody send me the link to the thread of one?

Thanks!
          Josh & Denise
          May 2009

#15 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
          • 456 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for all of the info. I was thinking about doing the disco, but know I think poolside sounds great! Has anyone done poolside with an Ipod? How was the sound? Do other people walk through that area, or is it completely private?

-Courtney

#16 blueyes

blueyes
            • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:22 PM

Hi There,

My name is Angie and I am getting married at the Riu Ocho Rios on Feb 11/09. I see you are getting married in Mar/09 and are already contemplating where to book your reception, etc. We booked through a travel agent who is supposed to be helping us plan the wedding as well but they are terrible to deal with. We have been asking for details on EVERYTHING for months now but keep getting told that the resort doesn't give out this info or make any arrangements till a month before the wedding date!! We have no idea on our options or costs AT ALL. I was just wondering if you booked through a travel agent or if you doing the planning on your own? Would it be better for me to contact the resort wedding planner for information on things? Do you have her email address? Any info you could provide would be much appreciated as we are going crazy here!!

#17 christenew

christenew
              • 325 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:15 AM

You are not the only bride to experience this. When I first arranged I was told the same thing by my travel agent and then I found this website. Thank goodness
                Hi There,

My name is Angie and I am getting married at the Riu Ocho Rios on Feb 11/09. I see you are getting married in Mar/09 and are already contemplating where to book your reception, etc. We booked through a travel agent who is supposed to be helping us plan the wedding as well but they are terrible to deal with. We have been asking for details on EVERYTHING for months now but keep getting told that the resort doesn't give out this info or make any arrangements till a month before the wedding date!! We have no idea on our options or costs AT ALL. I was just wondering if you booked through a travel agent or if you doing the planning on your own? Would it be better for me to contact the resort wedding planner for information on things? Do you have her email address? Any info you could provide would be much appreciated as we are going crazy here!!

#18 cecebecka

cecebecka
                • 27 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:04 PM

E-mail Chandlyn now, weddings.ori@riu.com
                  I have the restaurant and reception booked. My travel agent didn't know you could book early...I found out from this forum and told her :)

#19 amagee

amagee
                  • 129 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:23 AM

Hey Ladies! Just a heads up.... I emailed Chandlyn yesterday to find out which after dinner reception locations were available for my January 2009 wedding, and everything except the Seagrape was booked. So make sure you book ASAP!! But lately she has been really good about replying to my emails!

#20 jen&tyler

jen&tyler
                    • 40 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:30 AM

HI Girls,
                      I was going to start a new thread but then I thought I would just post these questions here:
                      I have the Seagrape booked and after telling my family the details my father was concerned with the fact that it may be difficult for ppl to dance in the sand. Is there a platform they put out for dancing? Past ROR Brides; was it difficult dancing in the sand?
                      Also, I would like to have speeches and such...just wondering if the group is able to go to Mammee bay before 6:30 to do speeches so they are done before dinner is served?
                      Any info would be great....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users