No/Low Sodium Recipes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

My MIL has been told to severely reduce her intake of sodium. We want to convince her that it won't be so bad but we don't have good recipes to share.

Does anyone know of any recipes or snacks? Or do you know about websites that have tasty low sodium tips?

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

I'm answering my own query LOL

I found this website for starters that has good info, in case anyone else needs to pass it on:

No-Salt / Low-Sodium Recipes

#3 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
      • 5,681 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by starchild
        My MIL has been told to severely reduce her intake of sodium. We want to convince her that it won't be so bad but we don't have good recipes to share.

Does anyone know of any recipes or snacks? Or do you know about websites that have tasty low sodium tips?
        Hey sorry I meant to reply to this thread earlier but I must have forgotten to!! My Dad has very high blood pressure and was told to reduce his sodium intake. He and a friend went to the Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa in Aventura, Florida. He gave me a copy of the recipe book and I think I have a PDF of it at home? PM me your email address and I can try and send it to you :) This has helped my Dad tremendously with his blood pressure!! Is that your MIL's issue too?? My Dad is used to eating very rich Italian foods, bread and cheese, etc.

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:28 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jenn3878
          Hey sorry I meant to reply to this thread earlier but I must have forgotten to!! My Dad has very high blood pressure and was told to reduce his sodium intake. He and a friend went to the Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa in Aventura, Florida. He gave me a copy of the recipe book and I think I have a PDF of it at home? PM me your email address and I can try and send it to you :) This has helped my Dad tremendously with his blood pressure!! Is that your MIL's issue too?? My Dad is used to eating very rich Italian foods, bread and cheese, etc.
          Jenn that would be wonderful, thank you! Yep, my MIL has high blood pressure. She was recently hospitalized and her BP was 258/126 - insane, right? They got her back down to normal now with medication, but they made it very clear that she had to change her lifestyle. She is used to eating Southern food - lots of fried and smothered dishes, not healthy at all

I wish your dad well and I'll PM you!!!

#5 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
          • 5,681 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by starchild
            Jenn that would be wonderful, thank you! Yep, my MIL has high blood pressure. She was recently hospitalized and her BP was 258/126 - insane, right? They got her back down to normal now with medication, but they made it very clear that she had to change her lifestyle. She is used to eating Southern food - lots of fried and smothered dishes, not healthy at all

I wish your dad well and I'll PM you!!!
            Oh anytime! You're welcome!! WOW, that is pretty high, my dad's was right around there too. I am emailing you now! Let me know you received it :)

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:01 PM

I emailed you but I wanted to thank you here too, I got it and the recipes are really good. Not at all boring, thanks again!!

#7 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
              • 5,681 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:35 AM

:) You're welcome!! I will have to try out some of the recipes one day - I LOVE to cook.

I wish there were pictures though HAHA I love cookbooks with pictures :)

Hope your MIL gets better soon :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users