Photo

Anyone using the new web browser - Google Chrome?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

I'm getting really sick of FireFox and my error/debug messages. I was wondering if anyone took the plunge and downloaded Google Chrome - Download a new browser
Looks interesting Google Chrome

#2 Bianca

Bianca
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:00 PM

I dl'ed it... Im not sure I like it. I only used it for a couple minutes and went back to Firefox
    19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
    http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#3 Jeremy_Gilliam

Jeremy_Gilliam
    • 335 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:20 PM

I've been using it all day and I'm likin' it. It's super fast, and I have always liked minimal toolbars.

#4 Jessica

Jessica
      • VIP Member
      • 11,939 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:31 PM

I literally just saw that on google. I don't think I like it. I remember someone mentioning either Chrome or something that was similiar a couple of months ago. IDK. I don't think I'm going to make the switch until I'm forced to.

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

it lost me at page 8 or so. but doug is the computer know it all at our house so i'll do it if he changes it on the computer :) and i'll probably never know the difference.

it makes sense tho, to have a different browser line thingy in each tab.

#6 Martha

Martha
        • VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:14 PM

I saw this earlier on Google. I've never even heard about it...I never pay attention to stuff like that. I still use IE....old school!

#7 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
          • VIP Member
          • 2,347 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:09 PM

Mel--- what error/debug messages are you getting with FF? have you updated to V3? (lots of reports with V3, but it can be downgraded to V2)

I love FF... the add-in's are awesome... like "Sureshot" to do jpeg screenshots of an entire web page and edit as you want.... and zotero, where you can save your URL and create files for notes to be taken while viewing things online.... or split browser to view/compare web pages within the same browser frame... and mouse gestures kicks ass for laptop users! :)

Hi, my name is Maria and I'm a computer geek....

#8 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:22 PM

How To Erase Your Tracks Online - Page1 -* MSN Tech & Gadgets - Security
              I found this article and thought the privacy feature of Chrome sounds cool. I don't necessarily need it to block what I'm doing, but it sure would be nice to eliminate all the garbage that gets put on our hard drive from surfing the internet. I hate doing my monthly pc cleans to eliminate cookies and such.
              Happily married since 2008

#9 lambert13

lambert13
              • 901 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:28 PM

I took a little test drive with chrome and I am back to firefox. Maybe when the final product gets released it will be better. I also don't like the terms of service or whatever they are called that basically give google ownership of your life.

Firefox 3.1 should be out next month anyway. I will be all over that.

#10 Bianca

Bianca
                • 1,057 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:30 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lambert13
                  I took a little test drive with chrome and I am back to firefox. Maybe when the final product gets released it will be better. I also don't like the terms of service or whatever they are called that basically give google ownership of your life.

Firefox 3.1 should be out next month anyway. I will be all over that.
                  I just upgraded to the last one... wow.
                  19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
                  http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users