Photo

Straight Hair Problems

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ~Jamie~

~Jamie~
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:12 AM

I need help with my hair! I went for my trial last week, sat in curlers under the heat thing forever, and an hour later, all my curls were straight. I'm going next week for them to try again, by getting my hair wet, then rolling it, and sitting longer under the heat thing, but I am thinking that my hair still won't hold it. So, I'm looking for ideas with no curls, just in case!
    I haven't found any good "straight" hair do's that I am in love with yet. I was looking for something half up/half down, something flowy, since it's a beach wedding.. Any ideas? Thanks!

#2 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
    • VIP Member
    • 2,861 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

I was just gonna say something about the curls. My friend has stick straight hair too that doesnt hold curl well, but at my wedding they used a curling iron and did super tight curls. I have to admit it looked HORRID at first, but after about an hour it loosened and looked awesome. So just an idea that maybe they could try on you. Good Luck!

#3 ~Jamie~

~Jamie~
      • 39 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:24 AM

Yup, they tried the curling iron after the rollers for the parts that didn't curl. Didn't work. My hair sucks!

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:27 AM

I have super straight hair too and it never hold curls. I havent had my hair trial yet but my hairdresser recommended getting waves instead of curls. She thought they would hold better in my hair.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
          • 459 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

Personally I don't think it's a good idea to try to get your hair to do something that it won't, especially for a wedding 'do. Mine is curly and if I tried to straighten it for my day, I know it would end in disaster! (Especially in the humidity, haha.) I would go for something that is you, but better, rather than a dramatic change.

As far as hairstyle ideas, projectwedding.com has tons of pics. I bet you could find something cute there!

#6 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,490 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:34 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ~Jamie~
              I need help with my hair! I went for my trial last week, sat in curlers under the heat thing forever, and an hour later, all my curls were straight. I'm going next week for them to try again, by getting my hair wet, then rolling it, and sitting longer under the heat thing, but I am thinking that my hair still won't hold it. So, I'm looking for ideas with no curls, just in case!
              I haven't found any good "straight" hair do's that I am in love with yet. I was looking for something half up/half down, something flowy, since it's a beach wedding.. Any ideas? Thanks!
              I am in the exact same boat as you! My hair does not hold curls well at all and is super straight. My FI actually likes my hair better straight anyways so I too have decided to keep it straight with maybe a half up half down do for the wedding. I think i have some good idea pictures saved on my computer at home...later i can look and post them!

#7 adias.angel

adias.angel
              • 719 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:59 PM

I have super straight hair too. My friend who is a hair dresser told me that one thing thing that helps is if you don't wash your hair the morning of. The natural oils in your hair will help hold the curl. Also heavy duty gel helps a bit too.

#8 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

i have a lot of thick hair , & when i go to wave or curl it, it drops in an hour. i feel your pain :o(

someone mentioned doing really tight curls, and i agree that it might look bad at first, but it should drop and look alil better.

have u tired a waver? kinda like a krimper but it waves the hair instead. maybe do that to your hair with tons of hair spray (aussie works wonders for me, also before you even krimp it, put product in it too on your dry hair, maybe moose) and once the waves are in, pin it back to the style you want.

when they did your hair last time, did they style it and leave ti down? im thinking that if u wave or curl your hair and put it UP instead of leaving it down that might help leave the curl/wavew in- hence the weight being what is making the hair str8 maybe, kwim?

#9 ~Jamie~

~Jamie~
                  • 39 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:20 PM

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow of what they did. They kind of took my hair from each side of my head, tied it in a knot in the back, with the curls coming down from the knot, and then the rest was left down, with curls. She put some kind of wax stuff in my hair first, then tons of product after the curling also. I think I'm just meant to have a straight hair do. I called today, and they are going to re-do my trial next week. Hopefully they help me figure things out! I checked on project wedding- lots of cool styles. But- when you click "Straight Hair" all the pics are curly!

#10 sunshinekc08

sunshinekc08
                    • 92 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:56 PM

try a body wave perm or I found this stuff by Treseme. Curl Activator Heat Protectant Spray. Only works on 2 day unwashed hair (use it the day before & they again the day after) I usually "wet" my hair, put the stuff on, re-blow dry, put more suff on where I want curls (make sure its dry) then re-curl....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users