• Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

#51 heather007

heather007
  • 620 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by foxytv
    Yeah, the whole "going down" part at the start was a little much. I thought it was OK. I am still confused as to who is who and all the connections, lol (but this thread helped clarify some of it!).

DH will likely never watch it with me, but who knows, he never liked Army Wives, but said he stayed up to watch it Sunday when I went to bed early. :-)
    All the sex and stuff didn't bother me too much, just because I remember what I was like when I was 15. LoL. Mind you, I laughed my ass off at the "Not so Sweet 16" when they are all boozing up- aren't they like 15 and 16 year olds? Isn't the legal age in the states 21 or something? That really bothers me, but whatever- where I'm from it's 18 and I guess I was wild when I was little too.
    My FI was more into the show then I was- I didn't even want to watch it. I found the orginal over-the-top and I was afraid that this was going to be like another Gossip Girl- which that show just does not make any sense what's so ever.

However, once Aunt Becky showed up, it was a calming relief and I was rather enjoying how much the show was geared towards us adults. And the Grandma- she is the best, loved her in Arrested Developement.

Someone asked about whether Annie's actress is smiley in real-life and she is. Shenae Maria Grimes is also on Degarssi: Next Generation.

#52 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:17 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by AlmostMrsForbes
      ok, girls. i know i'm going to sound like a total prude for saying this (i did like the show) - but i was a little shocked at the content. i mean in the first scene there was this girl going down on ethan in a car @ school! it seemed like the old show always had some kind of "message" - like brenda and dylan's pregnancy scare.

i did like it - and i'll watch it again, i was just a little shocked.

I kind of agree. I mean I liked the show, but I don't know that I would want a young daughter to watch it. I remember fighting with my mom to watch the original. I was 11 or 12 when it started. Sometimes I would even have to sneak over to a friend's house to watch.

It is a little tamer than Gossip Girl. The teen drinking/drugs/overt sex on that show is rampant. I love that show but I'm an adult.

#53 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:19 PM

well to be quite honest a bj in the parking lot is not the worst that happens in schools.
      A school I worked at had a storage area under neath a set of stairs and we found condoms in their multiple times (hey at least they were using protection right!) and another time a teacher caught two students in the auditorium.
      I also have known a few teachers who have lost their jobs for hooking up with students, it happens more often than you think.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#54 heather007

heather007
      • 620 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:21 PM

Oh, and who else thought that the teacher is really hot?

~~

#55 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:21 PM

That's a scary thought Christine, teachers with students.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#56 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:22 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by heather007
            Oh, and who else thought that the teacher is really hot?

~~
            I liked the teach. he was a cutie
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#57 heather007

heather007
            • 620 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:25 PM

When I was in grade 12 we had an intern, Mr.Black, and he was so hot. Well, he was like only 21 and he showed up at one of our parties and hooked up with a girl there from my class. It became a rumor around the school but they both ended up denying it, so he stayed for the rest of his internship.

~~

#58 *Casey*

*Casey*
              • 5,209 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:29 PM

Did anyone watch "Dirt" the show on FX by Courtney Cox. The teacher on 90210 was on it... and he was equally hot on that show!

#59 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:37 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Christine
                  well to be quite honest a bj in the parking lot is not the worst that happens in schools.
                  I know it's not the worst thing. My friend is a 3rd grade teacher who had to suspend students last year for giving BJs on the bus. These are 8 year olds!

I just like to think (naively?) that we should not expose younger children to so much sexuality, especially if they are not prepared to handle it. I'll watch the show, but I won't let my 5 year old niece, KWIM?

#60 heather007

heather007
                  • 620 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:39 PM

Yeah, I totally agree with that- society has been sexercized too much.

~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users