ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
But I agree- there are some similarities, but so far I don't see a virginal Donna.
i know i kept trying to figure out who would be her. i was thinking maybe Silver would turn out to be like that, just cause she is fun and funky doesnt mean she cant end up to be the sweet virginal character. and i did think that maybe annie is a blend of brenda/donna in that sense. she is totally not a bitch like brenda, but also not rich and fashion forward in the way that donna was.
ETA- oh and the whole baby story- yah I was confused. When Lori (what's her character's name? I don't know how you girls kept track) mentioned something to the hubby about it the next morning, I was like "how did she find out already." Maybe I was talking over it or something.
i think maybe the writers kept that part out of the storyline, like maybe the whole weekend was cut due to time constraints. i noticed it seemed like maybe they didnt want the focus to be on the parents too much quite yet. also like a few of the characters mentioned what had happened over the weekend, but they didnt show any of it.

and when i start to watch a new show, i obsess over figuring out names of characters right away, if i think i'm gonna like it anyways. that way when i read about it or watch it i know who they are talking about, makes it easier to miss a week here and there if i can figure out who they meant when i catch up

#42 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:34 PM

Ohhh- good call Christine. It would be an older brother though- they hinted to him being 20 right?

I just can't believe how dramalishious this show was. It was like "what's next?" Seriously, they didn't hold nothing back.
    Happily married since 2008

#43 freshislandgal

freshislandgal
    • 71 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:49 PM

i was a tad disappointed. did anyone else feel this way?

#44 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:56 PM

I loved it. I absolutely loved the grandma on the show. She was so much fun!
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#45 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
        • 238 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:08 PM

ok, girls. i know i'm going to sound like a total prude for saying this (i did like the show) - but i was a little shocked at the content. i mean in the first scene there was this girl going down on ethan in a car @ school! it seemed like the old show always had some kind of "message" - like brenda and dylan's pregnancy scare.

i did like it - and i'll watch it again, i was just a little shocked.

#46 *Casey*

*Casey*
          • 5,209 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:09 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
            I loved it. I absolutely loved the grandma on the show. She was so much fun!
            She played the mom on Arrested Development, which by the way, is my all time favorite comedy (so sad it got canceled), and she is by far my favorite character on this show too! She's by far the closest thing to comedy relief on the show. Love her!

#47 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:10 PM

She was great on Arrested Development too. That show was hysterical.

#48 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:11 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by AlmostMrsForbes
                ok, girls. i know i'm going to sound like a total prude for saying this (i did like the show) - but i was a little shocked at the content. i mean in the first scene there was this girl going down on ethan in a car @ school! it seemed like the old show always had some kind of "message" - like brenda and dylan's pregnancy scare.

i did like it - and i'll watch it again, i was just a little shocked.
                I knew it was supposed to be raunchy. I'm kinda glad it was because I needed it to be different than the original or else i would probably compare the two way too much.

#49 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:18 PM

Yeah, the whole "going down" part at the start was a little much. I thought it was OK. I am still confused as to who is who and all the connections, lol (but this thread helped clarify some of it!).

DH will likely never watch it with me, but who knows, he never liked Army Wives, but said he stayed up to watch it Sunday when I went to bed early. :-)

#50 SoontobeMsKniss

SoontobeMsKniss
                  • 715 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:54 PM

I totally got sucked into it last night! My fiance thought I was nuts! Oh well, I set up the DVR for next week so I can watch it when he is not home and fast foward throught the comericals! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users