Sign in to follow this  
Oscar_Ernie

Advice-how to pay for wedding?

Try to list the most important things for your on your special day. if you hace say $5K distribute that amount among the importance...I know you want all the best BUT there is always something that you can care a bit less and put more cash there..to me DJ and pictures should be the best therefore I place my big % there, I started booking them and paying as I go...we hope to end with no debt..please I recommend you no to take a loan for a one magical day...its very special but it is more special what happens after that and that is a life together,,,wish you the best :)

My Fi and I have started saving at the end of each week we both just contribute what we have left. 

We booked through an agent that allows for the 11th person to be free, which is helping tremendously with the cost. We do have to pay for it and then it is refunded when everyone pays to ensure we are actually free. Without at least one of us being free I have no idea, and I still wonder. We are saving as much as possible, and are cutting back a lot.

We are saving for it ourselves, but as you all know it isn't easy!

Can be down right stressful.

Luckily, before we moved in together I was able to afford all my living expenses alone.  So when fiance moved in, I didn't need his money persay.  His bills are limited as he owns his vehicle, etc.  So we use all his extra money for our wedding budget.  

We are trying to save $2000 a month, and have it all saved by November.  This is banking on getting bonuses for group bookings, from the resort, etc.  So when my numbers were looking weak I was FREAKING OUT!!!  lol  I think we will be ok now, but at the end of the day if we go a bit in the hole I am ok, because it's the big day and I don't want to be too frugal. 

Scrimping has been easier for me because I was a single mom for so many years, but fiance has never had kids.  It's been harder for him!  But we are getting there.

Set a budget, set small goals, and rethink all the extras you are spending your money on. We still go out,because we have to have a life/have fun, but I certainly question all my spending now.

Edited by calgarybride2015