Riu, Tropical Bay Brides

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TMclean

TMclean
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:35 PM

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any one has gotten married at the Riu, Tropical Bay?

Any reviews and/or pictures would be great.

I am just in the beginning of planning.
    http://tickers.Ticke....734e/event.png
    copy & paste the [img] code right there

#2 bellemiche

bellemiche
    • 32 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:35 PM

Hi there! I don't know if you saw my review but we were married at the RTB on July 15/08.
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t26013
      but I have some pictures posted on there. If you would like any more information or pictures send me a message.

#3 sally

sally
      • 302 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:21 AM

I wouls search in the wedding review forum and also here in Jamaica forum for other RTB brides.
        Good Luck with the planning

#4 TMclean

TMclean
        • 65 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:34 PM

Thank you for posting your review.

Did you have a private reception?

#5 soon2bmrsn

soon2bmrsn
          • 23 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:58 AM

Hi! I'm getting married there as well - on April 8th! I've been looking for reviews and pictures too but haven't had much luck.
            How is your planning going otherwise? I really haven't done anything but pick the date and time...
            Hopefully we can help each other out along the way!

#6 Sloan

Sloan
            • 1,279 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

Im getting married at TB April 9! There's not a whole lot of info/pics of our resort, but then again its being upgraded to a Palace this fall anyway. I emailed the WC - Keneika a few days ago (she's training the Montego Bay WC until Tropical Bay is finished renos). She's not able to really book/do anything until after renos are finished at the end of December.

#7 TMclean

TMclean
              • 65 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by soon2bmrsn
                Hi! I'm getting married there as well - on April 8th! I've been looking for reviews and pictures too but haven't had much luck.
                How is your planning going otherwise? I really haven't done anything but pick the date and time...
                Hopefully we can help each other out along the way!
                I also e-mailed Keneika and she hasn't responded yet.

she doesn't give much information. I would really like to know about pricing and extras.

I am going to e-mail her pictures of the bouquets I want and decorations for the gazebo and reception and get approximate prices for each. that way I can kind of set a budget and choose which ones I would like.

I have booked my wedding, rooms and photographer. I wanted to book for a private reception, but Keneika said I can't book anything until the resort reopens.

if you fins out anything let me know. I will keep you guys in touch with anything I find out.

#8 baj

baj
                • 1,555 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:40 PM

Hi, I am also hopeing to get married at the Tropical Bay but not until 2010, so look forward to reading all the review from the 2009 weddings there.

#9 Chellefrz

Chellefrz
                  • 45 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:50 PM

Hello everyone,

I will be married at RTB on March 7, 2009. I received some information yesterday that I would like to share also regarding prices/policy/pictures.

Sorry, I was unable to attach the pictures. I'm a Newbie...need some help with that.

Hope this helps. Please continue to share information because I need it...thanks.

Attached Files

#10 TMclean

TMclean
                    • 65 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:25 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Chellefrz
                      Hello everyone,

I will be married at RTB on March 7, 2009. I received some information yesterday that I would like to share also regarding prices/policy/pictures.

Sorry, I was unable to attach the pictures. I'm a Newbie...need some help with that.

Hope this helps. Please continue to share information because I need it...thanks.
                      Hi did you get this info from keneika? I have seen this price list of extras before, but then Keneika told me different prices, for example she told me it is 12 each for chair covers. I sometimes think they raise the prices when they feel like it.

I hope these prices stay the same for 09, since this is for 08. if you hear anything else make sure you post it. I will do the same.

thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users