Drinks at the Reception

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jennifer24

jennifer24
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:21 PM

HI Everyone,

Hoping someone can give me some insight into the drink situation for wedding receptions. Since the RIU is an all inclusive resort I was under the assumption that all drinks would be included during the week we are staying at the resort....including our wedding reception. I have read however that you need to pay $10/person for an open bar during the reception. Are there any alcoholic beverages included during the reception? Does this mean that whats available is limited unless you pay? Does anyone know?

Thanks

#2 jennifer24

jennifer24
    • 50 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:15 PM

We are hoping to have our dinner/reception at the Mammee Steakhouse. Wondering about drinks with dinner?

#3 divadivine25

divadivine25
      • 427 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:16 PM

I think she may be referring to the free reception, do you have an answer for both reception types?

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:00 PM

Alcoholic drinks are not included in your free reception at Mammee Bay. If you want an open bar, then it is $10 per person. In addition to non-alcoholic beverages, I think only wine is included, free of charge, in the reception dinner at Mammee Bay.

We decided not to pay for an open bar & we're glad that we didn't. Mammee Bay is close to the bar, which is next to the disco. When people wanted a drink, they simply went to the bar. If one guest was going, they would bring back multiple drinks for our other guests. Also, we were lucky enough to have the waiter even go get drinks for us. So we were able to avoid paying $10 per person for an "open bar".

#5 jennifer24

jennifer24
          • 50 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:43 PM

Thank you. As long as wine is included than I don't see a need to pay extra for an open bar during dinner personally. We bought the Caprice package and it includes sparkling wine for the main toast only. Just wanted to ensure there were at least come options (preferably wine) available for dinner. Thanks so much ladies

#6 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,193 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:59 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jennifer24
              Thank you. As long as wine is included than I don't see a need to pay extra for an open bar during dinner personally. We bought the Caprice package and it includes sparkling wine for the main toast only. Just wanted to ensure there were at least come options (preferably wine) available for dinner. Thanks so much ladies
              Just double check with Chandlyn to make sure the wine is included. You may also want to ask what brand it is just to make sure it's something you're familiar with. I remember a guest having wine but they didn't quite like it.

#7 Danniellou

Danniellou
              • 815 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

So if you pay the $10 pp at dinner, do you have to pay an addt'l $10 pp if you choose to have the reception on the beach?

#8 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
                • 302 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:08 PM

ahh good question danniellou....

#9 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
                  • 302 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:09 PM

well if a bar is right here, then i guess people will just have to get up and get stuff from there if they want to drink!!! kinda sucks, but whatever...im already paying 15/person for the after dinner reception for ppl to drink so im not going to pay another 10 so they can get drinks waited on them for dinner, esp if the bar is right there!

#10 Danniellou

Danniellou
                    • 815 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

I totally agree!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users