Puerto Vallarta - Flowers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gilda

• 15 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:34 AM

Does anyone know what flowers abound in Puerto Vallarta?
    I want to choose flowers that are native to the region.

Am thinking of white calla lillies with a bright red or blue flower...

Any advice helps!

#2 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:52 PM

I agree, Callas are not cheap in PV. I wanted them for my bouquet but my WC said they were not available in PV and would be very expensive.

There is a thread that I started in which Mishka responded re: flower availablity in PV.

#3 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
      • 1,574 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:19 PM

Hello! :) ALL of the flowers we get in Vallarta itself are shipped-in from Guadalajara. We do have some flowers that are "native to our region" but they aren't the kind you can really use, because they aren't cultivated - you could possibly utilize bugambilia, but it's not something you can order from a florist - you'd have to ... "borrow" it from someplace . As for the rest of Mexico, we actually grow a lot of flowers that we,then, ship to the States ... so, we have calla lilies, roses, ranunculus, gerber daisies, ginger, birds of paradise, etc etc etc. There are some flowers we ship in - such as tulips and orchids and, sometimes, peonies. There are other flowers you just can't get. Such as lilacs. Anyway, it's probably easier to imagine what kind of flowers you like and then see if they are available :). Hope that was helpful!! :):).

#4 liz2408

• 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:37 PM

I have a friend who got married at PV and she uses a gerber daisies bouquet; it was really beatiful and wasn't expensive at all. We also saw other options with stargazers and roses and they were very nice too.

#5 kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,921 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:53 AM

Thank you for this! I have been googling flowers in PV all weekend and came up with:
            roses & gerbers... so for a lady on a budget, this would be the way to go!

#6 gilda

• 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:19 PM

Thanks all!
              I think I will stick to red roses and keep it simple and romantic.

#7 castilloj75

• 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for sharing your research- I couldn't find anything on Google either!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users