Photo

Is anyone going to Puerto Plata?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Jea10

Jea10
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

Is anyone planning on getting married in Puerto Plata or was? Can you recommend a resort?

#2 shellb

shellb
    • 533 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:57 PM

Welcome!

I have some friends that got married at the Coral Oasis Marien and they all had a blast. I know from reading former threads we've got people on here getting married at the Riu's there. We considered Puerto Plata and the Riu's when we first started planning along with the Gran Bahia San Juan, but ultimately decided on Punta Cana.

I also think a few girls on here have attended friends weddings in Puero Plata too. Anyone want to chime in?

Michelle

#3 AmyBDH

AmyBDH
      • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:10 PM

I am getting married at Barcelo Puerto Plata. But I would recommend Sun Village Resort and Spa in Cofersi it is 20 mintues from the airport. The hotel is beautiful. The only reason I am not getting married there is because my fiance is from there and for guest not staying at the hotel is an extra cost and for me it would be a big cost. Your pictures would be beautiful the food is awesome you wouldn't regret it.

#4 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
        • Vendor
        • 2,015 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:25 PM

My parents live just outside Puerto Plata in Cabarete... great place and lots of nice hotels.
          You'll love it there.
          Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
          Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
          Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
          Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
          http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

#5 k_8ie

k_8ie
          • 41 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:15 PM

I'm getting married in Grand Oasis in Jan 2009! It looks great, and the reviews are awesome! It is a less $$$$ option, which, for me, works out great!

#6 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:21 PM

We looked at Puerta Plata. I can't remember which resort but one of them has an absolutely AMAZING gazebo on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Just breathtaking.

#7 saraece

saraece
              • 289 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:47 AM

I am getting married at the Riu Bachata in Puerto Plata Jan 3 2009
                Like our first kiss all over again

#8 Jea10

Jea10
                • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:01 PM

Thanks everyone! I looked at Sun Village and it looks so beautiful.

#9 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by foxytv
                    We looked at Puerta Plata. I can't remember which resort but one of them has an absolutely AMAZING gazebo on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Just breathtaking.
                    That's the RIU Bachata. It was the first one my TA brought to my attention - originally being from the east coast (Newfoundland) she knew that it would be the spot for me! I looked into MANY, MANY, MANY other resorts, but finally went back to it & now just over 4 mths to go!! :)

#10 foxytv

foxytv
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,740 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:30 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BachataBride
                      That's the RIU Bachata. It was the first one my TA brought to my attention - originally being from the east coast (Newfoundland) she knew that it would be the spot for me! I looked into MANY, MANY, MANY other resorts, but finally went back to it & now just over 4 mths to go!! :)
                      I can't wait to see your pics! That has got to be the most unbelieveable gazebo I've seen on the cliff like that! CONGRATS!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users