Wording for guest dress code

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#11 JHarwood2Be

• 687 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:25 AM

This is what we used-
    "Dress code for the wedding is 'Beach Formal'. Dress for the elements (sun, sand, and water)
    He could wear: A summer suit with a linen shirt (no ties required), linen pants or khakis, and sandals.
    She could wear: A formal summer sundress at tea- or knee-length with flat sandals. "
    Photography by Tamm's Photos

#12 britsytoll

• 129 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:14 PM

This is a great thread. Things I didn't think about but I am sure people will ask. Do you girls but this on the invitation or just on your website?

Bride & Groom + 41 Guests BOOKED~

#13 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

We are going to put this on the "response card", instead of making it a formal card that they have to mail back.

I was thinking "Beach Chic". I like adding "Dress for the elements - sand, sun and water" from JHarwood.

this is what we put on our website (want to condense it for the invite though):

"Beach Chic" will be the clothing attire theme for our wedding!

GIRLS: Think bright, bold colorful sundresses or skirt outfits. (our wedding colors are lime green, fuschia with maybe a hint of teal)

GUYS: Linen Khaki Pants with a brightly colored shirt would be great.

On your feet: NO HIGH HEELS! Girls, you will thank us later! The island is rocky (well, the part where you walk from the boat to the beach), so cute flip flops or sandals are perfect. You can always choose to kick them off if you'd like and go shoe-less! (This goes for guys and girls).

Keep in mind that although we will be by the ocean, it will be HOT out there with no A/C or fans like most of us are used to. So make sure you are comfortable in your attire, as we'll probably be on the island about 5 hours or so. There will be plenty of bottled water provided to keep everyone hydrated.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#14 IndianBride

• 176 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

Thanks Ladies!

#15 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:52 PM

We included a packing list in the pre-travel brochure, and in the items not to forget, we put "wedding attire" and as an explanation (after semi-colon) : natural fabrics cloth, sundresses, flip-flops, and in parenthesis, leave your jackets and your ties at home !

#16 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:05 AM

We listed 'Beach Chic' on our wedding invites and our website ...
              Our wedding will be small and casual; I am leaving it up to our guests to determine what that means (I know..dangerous). Those that have asked for further clarification; I have told to wear what they will be comfortable in a tropical locale in August (e.g. sundresses, linen, no suits or ties unless they really want to wear them but the groom won't even be wearing one).

#17 jamaicabride09

• 856 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:49 PM

This is a great thread...I love beach formal!

#18 Kits55

• 607 posts
                • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
                • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:38 PM

beach chic is my favorite! I think I will go with that one. I love everyone's suggestions and sadly enough our wedding is less than a month and this is something I forgot about! I'm kind of a disaster with this whole wedding planning thing even though I'm being super picky!

#19 Blkatz

• 1,025 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:51 PM

we did "beach chic" on our invitations also. People can wear sundresses/linen pants

#20 purrfected

• 396 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:34 AM

Thanks for all of the info ladies. I was wondering exactly how to word the dress code on my invitations. I am going to use the "Beach chic" theme.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users