RMB is Open!!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#11 Indigo

Indigo
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:02 PM

TMclean,

I hope to find out if the services are applicable to RMB and if the prices are valid soon. I am awaiting a response from Keneika.

#12 jjurick

jjurick
    • 45 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:14 PM

Hi ladies,
      I am interested in info you can give me about this resort. I'm thinking about having my April 18th wedding there. Any adice would be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks,
      Joey

#13 ToBeMitchell

ToBeMitchell
      • 67 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:10 AM

I'm so relieved RMB opened!! I'm new to this site and have been a little freaked out. It was scary to book a wedding at a place that you have never been to and that wasn't even open yet. Thank you so much!!!!!

Does anyone have any pics yet or stories?

Thanks!!!!
        Becky

#14 Trice

Trice
        • 295 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:59 AM

Just saw these pictures posted on TripAdvisor. I guess this is the RMB. Here's the link: good-times.webshots.com/album/566435034cevoVM

#15 jbvs36022

jbvs36022
          • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:26 PM

Hi - I rcvd the same info packets from Diana as "indigo" rcvd. This is all that they have been able to offer. I had email contact with Keneika once, I have since sent her an email and she has not responded.
            This was the last I heard from her...see below:
            Hello Vicki,

"My name is Keneika, I am the wedding coordinator for Riu Tropical Bay
            and I will be assist you with wedding for Riu Montego Bay.
            Please be advised that at the moment I am still waiting for information
            on flowers and the photo packages, so I won't be able to send you these
            information. However, for wedding reception we will be using our steak
            house restaurant which I will send you the menu soon. If you have any questions they may email me at the hotel address , as the
            wedding email address is not ready as yet. The hotel's address is
            hotel.montegobay@riu.com. in the subject line you may write "Attention
            Keneika"."

So I followed these instructions and sent a follow up email to the email address above - with attention to Keneika.

Diana Guzman has been very helpful. She is the wedding dept/sales coordinator. She is not located at the RMB resort though.

I did see a couple of reviews on trip advisor - and I did read something that I am very nervous about.. I found out the beach is MANMADE... did anyone know this? I am such a beach person and this is so upsetting to me!

AHHHH! how nervewracking! Our wedding is booked for June 27, 2009

#16 jbvs36022

jbvs36022
            • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:28 PM

Hi Trice, I just saw these pics as well... I wish there was more to go off of....

#17 Trice

Trice
              • 295 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:03 PM

Yes, me too. I'm not too convienced that is actually it. Time will tell. I emailed the hotel email address also on last monday the 1st asking them to email me any info available. I got a reply from Keneika on Thursday saying they had nothing to email yet but she could fax me a resort map. She emailed me Friday and Saturday saying she tried to fax but didn't get a fax tone. I'm unsure of what that means as I have been getting faxes fine both days. My caller id shows no attempts. I will just wait until they have the info to email.

#18 Indigo

Indigo
                • 120 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:50 AM

Hello Ladies,

I received an email from Keneika confirming my wedding date and time. The email also ask that I respond with which time I would like my reception. The reception will be at the Steak House at either 6:30-8:30 or 9:00 - 11:00. I think the last reception is 9:00 pm - 11:00pm. They only offer two slots. I chose 6:30 - 8:30. She also sent info on extras (i.e. renting the disco, private reception, etc). I have attached the docs she sent me below. I still haven't received pics of the Gazebo or beach area yet. I will try calling her today to see if I can get pics. I also ask that she clarify the cost of chair covers with bows. Still no answer on that either. But, I will be patient because I understand that they probably have their hands full with the grand opening.

When I get more info I will be sure to update everyone.

Attached Files

#19 allyson_07

allyson_07
                  • 19 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:57 AM

Hi Everyone,

I too am considering the RMB for my wedding, but was a little hesitant because of it being a new hotel. I am waiting patiently for some riviews from trip advisor. Thanks for all your info, it is really helpful!

#20 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
                    • 402 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

Here are 2 online albums of more pics from the RMB:

Picasa Web Albums - Jane - RIU Montego Bay

Riu Montego bay pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

The first set has some great beach shots.

Also, reviews should be coming soon. According to the TA forums it takes about a week for reviews submited to be posted on the website...so they should be coming soon. Just remember to take the reviews with a grain of salt. It just opened and during a hurricane no less.
                      Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
                      http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users