Booking info on STD's, Invites or both?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 adias.angel

adias.angel
  • 719 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

Hi All,
    Our guest list has grown and now I need a good way to communicate information about booking to people other than immediate family.

Did you include booking information in your STD's, invitations or both? How much info did you include in your STD and/or invitations.

Thanks in advance. As the guest list grows this forum is the only thing keeping me sane. Carla

#2 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
    • 256 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:52 AM

We included our website address and the contact information for our travel agent on our save the dates. Our website had lots of information about the resort and booking so that is where most people got the information from.
      We haven't sent out our invitations but I was thinking of putting the contact info for our travel agent on them, as well as our website for RSVP.
      Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
      My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

#3 AnneW

AnneW
      • 127 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:02 PM

I included some information about booking for our guests directly on the boarding pass STDs. Some of our relatives are not computer savy & I wanted to make sure that they knew how they could book the rooms (hotel phone number, room code, etc). I have included more detail on the website, and indicated that on the STD. I don't think there's a right or wrong way to do it. Good luck!

#4 samanthag

samanthag
        • 896 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:42 PM

We sent out our STD with our website address.
          Our website is pretty much where our guests go for ALL information regarding anything wedding related. We constantly update it.
          It's fast & easy!

#5 anaderoux

anaderoux
          • 3,220 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:46 PM

I included everything on both STD's and invites

#6 beachbride08

beachbride08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,372 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by adias.angel
              Hi All,
              Our guest list has grown and now I need a good way to communicate information about booking to people other than immediate family.

Did you include booking information in your STD's, invitations or both? How much info did you include in your STD and/or invitations.

Thanks in advance. As the guest list grows this forum is the only thing keeping me sane. Carla
              We had a travel card in our STDs and with our invites that included our TA's contact info and directed them to our website for additional info. On our STD travel card we did let people know it was too early to book flights since we sent them out a year in advance. We also sent out our invites in June for our November wedding to give people enough time to book if they hadn't already.
              Michelle

#7 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
              • 582 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

I am in the process of making my STDs right now. I am planning on having limited resort information on them but am putting the we address on them.

#8 Trice

Trice
                • 295 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:50 PM

We put our web address on the STD. Our website has a travel page with all the info. We haven't decided if we will include anything with the invites. Now I'm thinking we should.

#9 MarryingMyBestFriend

MarryingMyBestFriend
                  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:35 PM

I'm planning to send only the invite and have a second page with the details re: booking attached.. I'm not having a personal wedding website though, and I also figure more people are going to research the resort on their own/not care and just book.. am I delusional? lol

My intention is to make a newsletter to put in the OOT bags which details the daily activities and the schedule of things we plan for the group (excursions/etc.). Hope that helps.

#10 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
                    • 856 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:15 PM

In addition to our STD magnets, I am including a STD brochure that has all of the booking information, pricing and information about the resort. We are also adding a STD reply postcard so we can get a general idea of who plans on joining us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users