Photo

February 09 Brides

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#31 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
  • 402 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:53 PM

I have been going back and forth on the hair style myself. I generally wear my hair down, and I know FI likes long hair...but I've been to Jamaica before and know that my naturally wavy hair gets a little crazy in that weather. I think I've finally settled on a style like this. I love the viel under the bun and I really want to wear a flower.
    Click the image to open in full size.
    Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
    http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

#32 Banana11

Banana11
    • VIP Member
    • 8,841 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:58 PM

Very nice hair inspiration pics girls! I'm going all up because of the heat. I don't want hair sticking to my back...yuck! My hairdresser said to skip the hair trial. She said it only puts expectations on my wedding day hair and no two stylists will be able to do it the same. So, i'm just going to go for it on my wedding day! Scary!

#33 mforbes

mforbes
      • 187 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lilpaisley
        I have been going back and forth on the hair style myself. I generally wear my hair down, and I know FI likes long hair...but I've been to Jamaica before and know that my naturally wavy hair gets a little crazy in that weather. I think I've finally settled on a style like this. I love the viel under the bun and I really want to wear a flower.
        Click the image to open in full size.
        I love this style! I agree- I'm going to have my hair up. My hair always ends up in a ponytail/bun as it is...

#34 Jen_S

Jen_S
        • 3,737 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:21 PM

Love the hair style and having the veil below the bun.
          Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#35 Banana11

Banana11
          • VIP Member
          • 8,841 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:47 PM

So what made everyone choose February for their wedding month?

We really wanted to go somewhere warm during the freezing cold winter months we have here in MN. Also, one of our super good friend's were expecting their first baby last winter. We wanted to make sure to steer clear of her due date because we knew they wouldn't want to be gone over her 1st birthday. We chose a date 3 weeks after her due date and low and behold she was 3 weeks overdue! She ended up having the baby on 1/30 and we leave 1/31 for the cruise! Pheeewww!

#36 mforbes

mforbes
            • 187 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:26 PM

We chose February because it is such a great time to go weather wise- Plus I have mid-winter break that week! Works out perfectly!!

#37 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

We chose Feb bc we got engaged in Feb and wanted the wedding asap but thought we should give our guests 1 year to plan for the trip. It worked out well my brother is having a baby in Nov and we are now getting married on FI grandparents anniversary. I love that we are getting married in Feb but I am ready now!!!!

#38 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
                • 402 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:06 AM

I picked Feb for 2 reasons. First, like others have said I wanted a wedding somewhere warm when the weather here in Seattle was cold. It will be so nice to go from gloomy gray Seattle to warm and sunny Jamaica.

Second, I own a small boutique and there is no way I can take a week+ off between Sept and Dec. I thought about Jan, but ended up picking Feb so I had all of Jan to do just wedding stuff; because I won't have much time between Thanksgiving and Xmas. I just hope this year's economy doesn't hurt Xmas season too much, because I live allot of the year off those sales.
                  Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
                  http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

#39 Banana11

Banana11
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,841 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:05 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jkcz0702
                    We chose Feb bc we got engaged in Feb and wanted the wedding asap but thought we should give our guests 1 year to plan for the trip. It worked out well my brother is having a baby in Nov and we are now getting married on FI grandparents anniversary. I love that we are getting married in Feb but I am ready now!!!!
                    I'm with you on that one! I love February too but it's been a looonnnggg wait! We have been engaged since July 2007. It's finally almost here! I remember being so excited when we were within one year!

#40 Jen_S

Jen_S
                    • 3,737 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:28 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Pug3636
                      I'm with you on that one! I love February too but it's been a looonnnggg wait! We have been engaged since July 2007. It's finally almost here! I remember being so excited when we were within one year!
                      It is too funny every month when I see my ticker change I get super duper excited all over again, but then I look at my list and say I need get my but into gear to get everything done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users