Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sil moh

February 09 Brides

Recommended Posts

Wow the time is flying every time I see my ticker I get a bit more nervous and excited. We have a lot done but still need to do a lot more. The big is to get the dresses for the girls, I got mine and my moms. The dresses should not be too bad I am having a MOH and 2 flower girls and then the guys attire.

 

Done:

Luggage Tags

Welcome Books

Pre Travel Documents

Most stuff for Bags

My Dress- finally is all sorted out

My Moms dress

STD

 

Left to do:

Invites - ordering this week - when did you make your RSVP by?

Attire

My jewelry and shoes, but I pretty much know what I want

Programs - cant do until right before since cant get info from hotel

Menu/Seating Cards

Put logo on bags - waiting to find out how many people are coming so I can do one order on the bags

Music - this is the one thing that makes me nervous I want our reception to be a blast

Gifts - we got some but need to get a couple more

Finalize our ceremony

 

OK I did not think my list was that long.... good thing I have some time, may need to call in some reinforcements to help out with some stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YAY- I was feeling so left out being a Feb bride...not now =) I was originally worried the weather is a high of 81. For a wedding, that's perfect, for the beach I wasn't sure. Now I am convinced that it'll be OK, comfortable beach weather.

 

I have quite a few things to do still:

Alterations

Outfit for our son-ring bearer

Change out the GM pants (we had a change of plan with one guy after I already bought the outfits)

Buy a microphone sound system (to be returned after the wedding--heehee)

Buy an Ipod (I know I'm a little behind on technology) to be used for the reception and make a song list

Jewlery for me and BMs

Buy shoes for me

Finalize OOT bag goodies w/ labels, etc

Make a newsletter for guests in leu of an invite (sent STD)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi Jessell View Post
YAY- I was feeling so left out being a Feb bride...not now =) I was originally worried the weather is a high of 81. For a wedding, that's perfect, for the beach I wasn't sure. Now I am convinced that it'll be OK, comfortable beach weather.

I have quite a few things to do still:
Alterations
Outfit for our son-ring bearer
Change out the GM pants (we had a change of plan with one guy after I already bought the outfits)
Buy a microphone sound system (to be returned after the wedding--heehee)
Buy an Ipod (I know I'm a little behind on technology) to be used for the reception and make a song list
Jewlery for me and BMs
Buy shoes for me
Finalize OOT bag goodies w/ labels, etc
Make a newsletter for guests in leu of an invite (sent STD)
I was worried about the weather too! We are coming in off a cruise on RCCL to Ocho rios. I don't want to be dripping sweat in my dress! 81 sounds perfect! I wonder if it will feel like a sauna?! We are almost date twins...we are 2-4-09!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug3636 View Post
I was worried about the weather too! We are coming in off a cruise on RCCL to Ocho rios. I don't want to be dripping sweat in my dress! 81 sounds perfect! I wonder if it will feel like a sauna?! We are almost date twins...we are 2-4-09!
I saw that!! I was so excited to see another cruise bride that is nearly a date twin. I'll have to try and snoop around to see what your colors and plans are. We have approx 30 people going w/ us...it's going to be a blast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi Jessell View Post
I saw that!! I was so excited to see another cruise bride that is nearly a date twin. I'll have to try and snoop around to see what your colors and plans are. We have approx 30 people going w/ us...it's going to be a blast!
I can't wait for the cruise!!! We have 23 of us total. I didn't really have wedding colors picked but went to the craft store and bought sea blue ribbon to wrap my raffia fan handles. I went on a wedding cruise on Carnvial in 2006 and it was the best vacation! What ship are you on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I got another thing off my list. I found a shirt on EBay that Joel loved. It hasn't arrived yet...so we may change our mind once we see it in person...but at least it's a start. I'm not sure about the scorpions, but Joel loved them.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I need to

 

- receive my dress that I ordered

- alterations if needed

- receive FI pants that have been ordered

- finalize guests (who has paid or not)

- find tiara, veil, hair accessories (NEED HELP)

- finalize music for dances

- tone my BODY!

- gifts for attendants

- start welcome newsletter/brochure

 

and I am sure there is more...it is not much but it truly is time consuming!

 

Good Luck ladies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×