Photo

Is anyone getting married at Grand Oasis Riviera Maya?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Seahagamy

Seahagamy
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:03 PM

I've been looking at the Grand Oasis Riviera Maya as a possible wedding venue. Has anyone been, have any info or planning on going there?? Please help!

Amy

#2 SunBride

SunBride
    • 1,499 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

I strongly considered it as an option. They have a free wedding package and their infinity pool looks beautiful. But I just wasn't convinced about quality and service. It is rated as a 4.5 star resort by the tour operators here, and I wanted to stick to a 5 star.

Why are you thinking of switching resorts? I'm guessing it has to do with the lack of response from wedding coordinators? Or the travel price?

#3 SunBride

SunBride
      • 1,499 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

I considered it as an option. They have a free wedding package and their infinity pool looks beautiful. But I just wasn't convinced about quality and service. It is rated as a 4.5 star resort by the tour operators here, and I wanted to stick to a 5 star.

Why are you thinking of switching resorts? I'm guessing it has to do with the lack of response from wedding coordinators? Or the travel price?

#4 Seahagamy

Seahagamy
        • 67 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:53 PM

The price is the biggest decision factor for our guests. I have become quite fond of this resort, it seems a little smaller and more intimate. I also like the beach better than Dreams, soft white sand was a huge "wish" for us. Now if only I can find someone else who has been there to be as helpful as you! All those Dreams Brides are VERY lucky to have you!!

#5 SunBride

SunBride
          • 1,499 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:04 PM

If price is such an important factor, I say go for it. Changes are you will enjoy your wedding day and be so happy about how everything went regardless of where you go. I am a perfectionist and I live for details, but honestly on my wedding day (and for my receptions) it just didn't matter anymore. You will wonder what you worried and stressed about. Honestly, looking back, I really don't understand why I was so stressed for several weeks about picking the resort. There is no such thing as a "perfect" resort. I don't know why we drive ourselves crazy thinking we have to pick the right one, when honestly, there are so many choices that would be right.

I mean, I am very happy with my wedding and I loved Dreams Tulum. Do I think I made the right resort choice - well honestly, no. I think I could have chosen many other resorts (pretty much any resort experienced with weddings and that didn't charge a fortune for every single little thing) and I would have been just as happy. So I made a good choice, but it doesn't mean that I made the "right" choice, because there were many other equally good choices.

That being said, I still think it's worth doing a little resaerch to make sure the resort you choose is up to par. I remember from researching this one that it is. It may not quite be a 5 star but it's close. All the complaints seemed to be the usual stuff you read about everywhere (food, service, etc). If the savings are big I say go for it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users