Potluck Ideas Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Banana11

Banana11
  • VIP Member
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:56 PM

I'm going to my fantasy football draft tomorrow and need to bring something to share for a potluck. Any ideas? Thanks!

#2 Monique

Monique
    • 415 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:04 PM

Meatballs are always a winner... you can do either beef or turkey! Or you can do a seven layer taco salad.... chicken sausage with grilled onion and peppers are delishhhhhh!!!

#3 Banana11

Banana11
      • VIP Member
      • 8,841 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Monique
        Meatballs are always a winner... you can do either beef or turkey! Or you can do a seven layer taco salad.... chicken sausage with grilled onion and peppers are delishhhhhh!!!
        Great ideas! Thanks!

#4 happygilmore

happygilmore
        • 576 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:42 PM

My Fi usually does either a 7 layer dip or the little weiner dogs in bbq/grape jelly sauce that is always a hit with his corrections friends! His boss (a woman) asked one day if he was bringing his weiners to the staff party! hehehe

#5 mforbes

mforbes
          • 187 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by happygilmore
            My Fi usually does either a 7 layer dip or the little weiner dogs in bbq/grape jelly sauce that is always a hit with his corrections friends! His boss (a woman) asked one day if he was bringing his weiners to the staff party! hehehe
            LOL! Hilarious!!!

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:36 PM

i love doing:

* home made macaroni and cheese
            * pulled pork sandwiches (i make mini sliders)
            * sausage stuffed muchrooms
            * macaroni salad
            * strawberry shortcake
            * fruit salad
            * fatoosh salad (the recipe is on here somewhere...) it is a mediterannean salad with feta, olives, crushed pita chips...very yummy.

they are all pretty simple but always winners

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 JoLo908

JoLo908
            • 889 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:26 AM

Definitley a good dip, or baked mac and cheese!!! It is so yummy!

#8 mpajkos

mpajkos
              • 359 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

I usually make meat rollups (slightly thick cuts of sandwich meat turkey or ham spread some cream cheese on the meat and place a small sweet or sm dill pickle in the middle wrap it up and serve) I also make garlic dip 1 package philly cream cheese and one 8oz of sour cream. put both ingredients in a bowl using a mixer mix them until its creamy than put garlic salt in to taste mix it with a spoon and taste. Add more garlic salt as desired. I never measure. I usually serve it with pretzels/chips or carrots and celery taste really good too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users