Photo

Ocho Rios off-resort reception

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 m_willis22

m_willis22
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

I read Desiree's review and am seriously considering having an "off-resort" reception. She made it sound wonderful and I like that I can have what I want, when I want, and have who I want there. Did anyone else do this and if you did where and what was your experience?

#2 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
    • 1,572 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:57 PM

My cousin got married in Ocho Rios a few years ago and had her reception at Ruins at the Falls... It was beautiful! Waterfall right outside the windows.

These are from the Ruins' Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#3 FLgator

FLgator
      • 253 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

We are coming in by cruise ship and will be having our reception at Evita's, same as Desiree and TA Maureen. Eva, the owner, has been very responsive and helpful, and is by far the best vendor I have dealt with in Jamaica. Out of all the decisions we made, I am most confident about this one. Good luck!

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:03 PM

Here are the reviews of Evita's. A few BDW brides had their reception there.

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t13794

#5 PoeticJustice

PoeticJustice
          • 91 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:12 PM

My Wedding & Reception are at The Ruins at the Falls in Ochi and so far The Ruins banquet managers have been great! Our accomodations are at the Sunset Jamaica Grande.

#6 tmemise

tmemise
            • 135 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:30 PM

Thanks for the info! My FI is SOOOOO not happy with the menu at the M.Bay and i've been trying to find something else to make it work. I hope this is it.

#7 bashigyal

bashigyal
              • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:52 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by PoeticJustice
                My Wedding & Reception are at The Ruins at the Falls in Ochi and so far The Ruins banquet managers have been great! Our accomodations are at the Sunset Jamaica Grande.
                PoeticJustice, I will be going to JA to check out The Ruins on Oct 4th and meeting with the events coordinator, Nickesha to plan the menu, setup, etc. As your wedding is right around the corner and you've pretty much done all your preparations at this point, would you mind sharing your experience w/ The Ruins with me?

Any info you can provide, I'd greatly appreciate, so I can get some good personal feedback from someone who's been dealing with them first hand. Wondering what menu items you chose and who the vendors are that you're using for your flowers, photography, cake, etc. and how you've found them to deal with so far. I'm thinking of Tai Flora for flowers and their recommended person for the cake, but still hunting for photography. You can email me offline at scg869@yahoo.com. Thank you sooooo much!!

#8 angie8119

angie8119
                • 198 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

does the ruins have a website or anything where we can research a bit? this is the first I've heard and it sound great!

#9 ashly87

ashly87
                  • 120 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:32 PM

The website for The Ruins is Ruins Jamaica
                    "I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream" - Vincent Van Goh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users