Photo

RSVP question

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 BayBug

BayBug
  • 852 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

I am not sure when I am going to sent my formal invites. I am including an RSVP though. Not too many people in my family would RSVP online. I have already sent out my STD's just to get people thinking about it.
    Angie

#12 DreaW

DreaW
    • Banned
    • 2,462 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 01:26 PM

So to start this thread up again LOL :)
      So I'll have guest RSVP on website (hopefully they do it) and when sending STD's I'll write a note reminding them to RSVP on website.....
      IF they don't do this, I'll send them actual RSVP cards with formal invitations .....Is this right?

Sorry just want to make sure :)

I also am almost finished with personnal wedding website :) I copied (borrowed) a lot and I hope you don't mind....if you do please let me know.
      Thanks.
      Andrea

#13 jdweinbe

jdweinbe
      • 89 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 01:35 PM

I sent my STDs out about 6 months ahead of the wedding. Only my immediate family got their hotel and air tickets. I sent the formal Invites 3 months out, but the hotel is now full and my guests that have waited now are staying at the sister hotel (that is a whole story in itself!).

With the STD magnets, I sent two pages of information about the hotel and everything on pretty stationary so guests could plan ahead.

I just think that those who procrastonate, will do so no matter how early you send out your invitations.

Jen

#14 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:45 PM

We sent out STD's approx 9 months prior to the wedding date & invites went out approx 2 months prior. I had 2 ppl rsvp on our website...about 15 used our rsvp card and the rest (my FI's family) didn't do sh*t!!

#15 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
          • VIP Member
          • 931 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 12:35 PM

We sent our STDs 8 months ahead and sent our invitations about 3 months out with traditional rsvp cards. Even with the traditional rsvps, we only had about a 75% response rate. I can imagine that had we gone the website rsvp route our rsvp rate would have been much, much lower.

#16 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
            • 420 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:46 AM

I'm planning on sending out my STDs in a month or two, so that will be about 9 months in advance. I am enclosing a card with instructions for how to RSVP on the site... though I'm not hopeful!

I'll see how that goes - probably hassle people a bit more later... and then when I send out the formal invites 3 months or so in advance, will decide at the time whether I want to include an RSVP card...
              Margaret & Eric

#17 DreaW

DreaW
              • Banned
              • 2,462 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 12:52 PM

i think I'll be doing the same....sending STD magnet with website info and letter stating how to get on website with directions on RSVP'ing. if they don't RSVP on website, when i do send formal invites i will include RSVP cards to those who haven't done it on website.
                Andrea

#18 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:04 PM

sorry to hijack this, but I didn't want to start a new thread
                so I talked to one of my BM's last night and she got married two years ago and she said it was completely wrong to ask people to RSVP 2 1/2 months early-I don't want to buy two cent stamps mainly because they are ugly and they will look funny with my cute photostamps. what to do?
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#19 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:50 PM

i don't think there are any rules to be followed. my RSVP date is only 1 month (just a little over), but that's because that's when i need to give my final head count 30 days in advance. i think you can do whenever you want - most people will know if they're planning on making the trip by then.

#20 itsme7396

itsme7396
                  • 90 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 03:01 PM

we sent out the STD about 8 months before our wedding and the formal invites with RSVPs about 3 months before... we gave everybody the option to either send in the RSVP or to do it on our website... i'd say only 5 people RSVP'd on the website and out of the 75 invites, we probably only recieved 30% of the RSVP cards back... we had 60 people at our wedding so there were a lot of phone calls made...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users