Sign in to follow this  
jamisoncollette

Substitution for cocoa powder?

what are you making? do you have any hot chocolate? might work....

this is what Baking & Dessert Recipes & Photos - Joyofbaking.com suggests, but if you dont have cocoa powder, i dont know why you'd have the other suggestions! sad.gif

3 tablespoons (20 grams) Dutch-processed cocoa plus 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar, lemon juice or white vinegar

or

1 ounce (30 grams) unsweetened chocolate (reduce fat in recipe by 1 tablespoon)

or

3 tablespoons (20 grams) carob powder

i dont know what she's up to danielle, but ive got all kinds of yummy ideas running thru my head :) hmmmm, maybe "the kids" (ie:ME!) would like cupcakes tonight! yum!

I'm trying to make the Mexican Chocolate Pudding Cupcakes I saw on Martha Stewart. Mind you, I am not a cook. This is more in Jamy's (starchild) forte. Yeah, I don't have any of those other things. I think I will try my super dark chocolate 90% pure since it is not sweet and bakers cocoa is just unsweetened chocolate. Thanks for trying-want to come to Rochester and do a taste test?

I'M THERE! i wish sad.gif and i totally had cupcakes on the brain!

what makes them mexican, cinnamon?

Essentially. Mexican chocolate is dark chocolate with cinnamon. I posted the recipe on the MS wannabe section. I am currently COVERED in batter. I really suck at this but I must say, the batter is fricking tasty.