Photo

Any Occidental Grand Xcaret brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#21 sarah310

sarah310
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

I just decided on the Occidental Xcaret, and but down a payment to hold the date. Thanks for all the great reviews. it took me 6 months to finally decide, so I'm very excited!!!

#22 sarah310

sarah310
    • 172 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

Info from Marialma, the wedding coordinator, on Receptions:
      -------------------------------------------------
      For receptions I have 3 different options for you
      * for less than 30 people I can offer you a semi private reception at one of our a la carte restaurant. This dinner has a charge of 15 usd per person and includes a semi private area of the restaurant with a special set up in white, open bar and service.
      * For 30 people or more I can offer you a plated 4 course menu at one of the 2 different venues we have for private reception. This dinner has a charge of 50 usd per person and includes the private area for the reception, set up with banquet round tables, white linen, open bar for 3 hrs and service.
      * For 50 people or more I can offer you a buffet dinner at one of the 4 venues we have for private receptions. This dinner has a charge of 40 usd per person and includes the private area for the reception, set up with banquet round tables, white linen, open bar for 3 hrs and service. (this is what i want to do, so i asked specifics)
      1. The beach club. Subject to space availability, we can fit up to 90 people on the terrace (picture)and all types of entertainment are allowed
      2. The beach. All types of entertainment allowed
      3. The snack bar. Party will start after 7:00 pm and no DJ or loud entertainment allowed
      4. The palapa caleta. We can fit up to 90 people with the dancing space outside, all types of entertainment allowed.

#23 MnM2Mexico

MnM2Mexico
      • 54 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:57 PM

Hi sarah- this is super helpful! I've been searching and searching for information on the Occidental and want to learn about the resort from other brides. glad i found you! I'm looking at it as an option for a DW in May 2010. How has the process been of working with them? Did they give a good rate for your guests- or have you arranged that yet?

#24 sarah310

sarah310
        • 172 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:20 PM

Hey! Marialma, the wedding coordinator, has been great in answering all my questions via email.

I decided to not do a Group Rate. Prices were about the same with and without and my TA advised against it. She said I wouldn't have trouble booking rooms in april (i'm guessing the same for may) and without I won't have to put down a big payment to hold the room. Right now our rate is about 2000 for the week for 2 people without airfare. Does that all make sense?

#25 sarah310

sarah310
          • 172 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:12 PM

Any other past or future brides had/having their wedding at Occidental Xcaret?

#26 rivieramaya bride

rivieramaya bride
            • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:04 PM

Hey everyone, Im getting married at Occidential Feb 12, 2010. We booked Junior suite for 4 nights including air for around $2000 for 2 leaving from NY. The air fare is pretty cheap now and you will get a better rate if you book as a package. I think you get a better rate if going through an agency rather than through the resort, I was told from previous wedding planner Edith that the resort doesnt give group rates...

#27 sarah310

sarah310
              • 172 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:31 PM

Yay, another Occidental bride!

How's the planning going? i'm still working at putting the guest list together for the save-the-dates. and have started to look at photographers (much more fun then addresses :)

#28 rivieramaya bride

rivieramaya bride
                • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:01 AM

Planning is going well, not really too much to do right now since we are still 8 months away. We are using the photographer/Videograpgher that is in the resort. Cancun studios, we met with them while we were there and they seem really good. Check out their webiste CANCUN STUDIOS they know the grounds so well so we figured they would be a good choice. Good luck and let me know how your planning is going.

#29 Cancun Studios

Cancun Studios
                  • Vendor
                  • 32 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

Hi Ladies! We are the on-site wedding photographers for the resort! Here are a couple of slideshows of some recent weddings:

Slideshow 1- Hindu Wedding

Slideshow 2

Slideshow 3

We are happy to help with any questions regarding the resort!

#30 sarah310

sarah310
                    • 172 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:43 PM

Hi Cancun Studios!

thanks for the pictures. I'm trying to decide between the beach or the beach club terrace for the reception. what do you think? i'm expecting around 90 guests to come.

~sarah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users