Photo

Any Occidental Grand Xcaret brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#201 allieo

allieo
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

I have a question for those of you who have been to the Occidental Grand Xcaret - we want to have a rough itinerary for everyone (meet at certain spots once a day or so to get everyone together). Does anyone have any recommendations on where a group of 30-40 people could casually meet up?

#202 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
    • 279 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by allieo
    I have a question for those of you who have been to the Occidental Grand Xcaret - we want to have a rough itinerary for everyone (meet at certain spots once a day or so to get everyone together). Does anyone have any recommendations on where a group of 30-40 people could casually meet up?
    By the lobby bar or by the bar by the stage. However I would suggest to bring 2 way radios. Everyone is on vacation mode and time really means nothing.

#203 teshy1

teshy1
    • 162 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

We did a bit of an itinerary for our guests, with about 3-4 events planned (welcome dinner, day trip to Tulum, day at Xcaret) and sent it out via e-mail ahead of time. We also let our guests know that everything was optional, so if they wanted to attend events to spend time with us, they could, but that they were more than welcome to do their own thing. When you have 30-40 people, it's hard to get everyone to commit to planned events. After all, it is their vacation, too. All I really cared about was everyone attending the wedding ceremony and reception, the most important part!

#204 tris

tris
      • 609 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

The lobby bar is a pretty good size and an easy meeting spot. That's what I'd recommend.
        (plus, drinks! :) !)
        Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#205 sarah310

sarah310
        • 172 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

We did a "meet and greet" at the Sports Bar -- near the stage and dinner buffet. It's usually empty until about 10pm, so great place to get everyone together. plus pool and drinks!

#206 adelaide

adelaide
          • 200 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

We stayed in the Royal Club and had our "Welcome Drinks" and Rehersal dinner at the restaraunt in the club.

#207 allieo

allieo
            • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

Thanks! This is really helpful. I think we may put out one or two casual places for people who want to meet up with the group. I'm thinking the sports bar for drinks one night, and maybe the pool to attempt a casual game of pool volleyball? Not sure if that's first come, first served, but we played at a wedding weekend in Puerto Vallarta last year, and it was a blast.

#208 Bryjenbry

Bryjenbry
              • 229 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:15 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by adelaide
                Here they are..I think...

I don't know why the 2010 prices won't upload...I will try to copy and paste them into the message..
                Could you email this to me? bryjenwed@gmail.com

Thank you

#209 elizmellis

elizmellis
                • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

I would love to se some pics - i'm planning my wedding for next Oct. (10/29/14) could you email me some pictures? my email is emr1@rocketmail.com

what kind of photo packages and prices do you have?!  thank you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users