Photo

Any Occidental Grand Xcaret brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#191 teshy1

teshy1
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SandalGirl
    There are some of our teaser pics from our photographer in my bio - feel free to take a peek!
    Awesome pictures! Did you guys do a lot on the ruins? We took a bunch there and they turned out awesome. Looks like you had a perfect weather day!

#192 SandalGirl

SandalGirl
    • 109 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

We took some at the ruins, and I liked most of them - my faves were just on the rocks over the water though :)
      The weather was gorgeous, but windy by the gazebo - ladies, PIN YOUR VEIL! hee hee.... mine flew off halfway down my walk :)
      March 4, 2010 ~ Mayan Riviera, Mexico
      http://robynplanningbio.weebly.com/

#193 sarah310

sarah310
      • 172 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hi Everyone!

We just returned from out wedding at OGX. Marialma and Ivonne, the food, the flowers, the dj, the scenery were all amazing. I couldn't have asked for more...except for a week of sunshine instead of rain. The ceremony got moved under the beach club terrace cause of the rain, but a beautiful rainbow came out after the ceremony. Please PM with questions! I'll try to write a review soon!!

Sarah

#194 adelaide

adelaide
        • 200 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

Hey Girls ~ Here is a link to my review! Please let me know if you have any questions at all as I know I didn't cover everything!

http://bestdestinati....al-club-58481/

#195 Mrs.Kiska

Mrs.Kiska
          • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:58 AM

Hello all! I am getting married at the OGX on September 4th and am a little worried because I just received an email from Marialma that she will be on vacation during my wedding so it will be handled by Ivonne. I actually flew down to the resort in February to meet with Marialma to go over everything to make sure I felt comfortable with putting the fate of my wedding in her hands. And NOW it is being handed over to someone else. Has anyone worked with Ivonne? Do I have anything to be worried about? Also, Marialma informed me that I wouldn't need to make any decisions until 3 days before the wedding when we got to the resort, but Ivonne is emailing me that I NEED to let her know what restaurant I want to have the semi-private dinner in. Can anybody who has had a semi-private reception please give me some idea of how they went? I have no idea what restaurant to choose because I'm not there to see them. And I thought I was having a destination wedding to avoid this stress............haha .......Thanks everybody

#196 sarah310

sarah310
            • 172 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:47 AM

Mrs. Kiska -- Don't worry! I worked with Ivonne and Marialma and they are both great. Both will go out of their way to make your wedding amazing. We had a semi private reception for the rehersal dinner at the steak place -- Sonora Grill. It was my favorite out of the restaurants. If you want to be out by the ocean and near the wedding gazebo, the seafood place is another great choice -- El Pescador. They probably need to know now so they can close part of the restaurant for you. It's probably easy to change once you get there too. Let me know if you have any other questions!
              Sarah

#197 SandalGirl

SandalGirl
              • 109 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:12 PM

The seafood place is the prettiest in my opinion, but I'm pretty sure you can only do private reception there. I did mine at the Sonora grill, on the patio outside though, and it was beautiful - much more private. I wouldn't worry about Ivonne, I met her during my stay and she seemed just as competent as Marialma. They do weddings almost every day, sometimes a few in a day - they know what they're doing!
                March 4, 2010 ~ Mayan Riviera, Mexico
                http://robynplanningbio.weebly.com/

#198 tris

tris
                • 609 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:38 AM

I vacationed at this resort last June with my FI (BF at the time) and some of our friends.
                  We ADORED it. We saw one wedding happen while we were there and it was just beautiful.
                  One of the best things about the resort is the connection to Xcaret Park. You HAVE to visit it, it's gorgeous.
                  Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#199 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
                  • 279 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:26 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SandalGirl
                  The seafood place is the prettiest in my opinion, but I'm pretty sure you can only do private reception there. I did mine at the Sonora grill, on the patio outside though, and it was beautiful - much more private. I wouldn't worry about Ivonne, I met her during my stay and she seemed just as competent as Marialma. They do weddings almost every day, sometimes a few in a day - they know what they're doing!
                  You can do a semi private reception there as well in the Seafood restaurant. I seen it the week I got married.

#200 allieo

allieo
                  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:01 AM

We're planning our wedding at the Occidental Grand Xcaret for November 12 - so happy to have you all out there to help with any questions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users