Photo

Any Occidental Grand Xcaret brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#111 kckimber1982

kckimber1982
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

Can you please send me pictures of previous wedding at the occidental also. wedding locations and reseption locations.

That would be great.

Thank you.

#112 Christie

Christie
    • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:49 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am new at this and just figuring out how to use it all!
      I am getting married at the OGX on Feb 10, 2010 and would like to know if anyone has heard anything about the lady that does the hair/makeup at the resort or if there is something close by there... Also, does anyone recommend one package over the other??
      Thanks!

#113 SandalGirl

SandalGirl
      • 109 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:40 PM

Oh! I would love to know that as well :)
        March 4, 2010 ~ Mayan Riviera, Mexico
        http://robynplanningbio.weebly.com/

#114 sarah310

sarah310
        • 172 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:18 AM

good question about the hair/makeup! Anyone know?

I just got my proposal from Ismael for the DJ costs. Does any one know anything about the resort DJ? Any past brides use him/her?

#115 steph13

steph13
          • 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:19 PM

Hi Ladies, I have a spa menu that Marialma e-mailed me from the resort, I can e-mail it to you if you'd like, I don't know how to post on here :).
            I'll be using the dj from the resort in December, so I can answer any questions after that if you have them!

#116 SandalGirl

SandalGirl
            • 109 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:29 AM

I would love that! eternity_ at hotmail.com thanks!
              March 4, 2010 ~ Mayan Riviera, Mexico
              http://robynplanningbio.weebly.com/

#117 teshy1

teshy1
              • 162 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

Could anyone here comment on how or if they were able to ensure their guests got rooms near each other at the resort? We booked a group travel package through a TA, but we also have others making their own travel arrangements...
                Thanks!

#118 randi.renstrom

randi.renstrom
                • 70 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:52 PM

Hello! I've been searching for the right place for a destination wedding for a few months and just felt lost. This forum/thread has helped A LOT and has definitely put OCX at the top of my list. We are aiming for Nov 2010 and we are going through a travel agent (who is a family friend). My main concerns are the beach and what sounds like, lack of beach. Also the reception and nightlife. I want to make sure my guests have a good time for the week, and I want things to run as smooth as possible. We want to have the private reception and music/dance. I have never been there so all the advice you guys have given is great! thank you!!

#119 dawnandjeremy09

dawnandjeremy09
                  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:28 PM

Hi-
                    I had my hair done at the resort and the girl who did my hair did a great job. Bring extra hair spray and pins to the wedding the wind on the cliff is brutal!!!!! I wish I would have taken a moment to fix it before the first dance and cake cutting. It was not the girls fault but the climate is so bad for your hair and its ability to remain styled. I can't say the same about the other stylist though. The one who did my sister's hair wasn't as good. Her hair was falling out in the hotel room before the ceremony. The girl who did my hair also did my nails and would have done my makeup as well. She was a jack of all trades and did a great french manicure as well as a great job on my hair. I just dont remember her name. You can get a hair trial for like $25.

#120 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
                    • 279 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:46 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by randi.renstrom
                    Hello! I've been searching for the right place for a destination wedding for a few months and just felt lost. This forum/thread has helped A LOT and has definitely put OCX at the top of my list. We are aiming for Nov 2010 and we are going through a travel agent (who is a family friend). My main concerns are the beach and what sounds like, lack of beach. Also the reception and nightlife. I want to make sure my guests have a good time for the week, and I want things to run as smooth as possible. We want to have the private reception and music/dance. I have never been there so all the advice you guys have given is great! thank you!!
                    The beach isn't the greatest. If your heart is truly set on having a nice beach then this place isn't for you. I am more of a pool guy to be honest. I like to be close to the bar and I am not that big on sand so the lack of a beach doesn't bother me. You can also take a cab into town and visit the beach there if you want to compromise.

As for nightlife the resident club was ok. But it does get boring and repetitive so I would suggest to go to the town. There is no shortage of clubs and bars. In fact I heard it is way more Americanized or 'Cancun'ized than when I went there 5 years ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users