Sign in to follow this  
BayBug

Spirit Airlines

I have flown Spirit and have never had any problems. If you sign up for their emails, they will send you info on their sales, which usually come out every tuesday or wednesday. They were running a special with $0.01 cent fares (that is not a typo, one penny for one way!). Of course these sell out VERY fast, but they usually have really good fares. I recommend them!

i wouldnt fly with them or put a client on one of their flights. they do not have contracts with airports so they have to sort of "buy" landing times from other airlines like delta, etc...they get the very last priority so you will see their airplanes taxing for 4 hours just waiting to take off or land.

also, they are now charging to check in baggage.

we were just discussing this on a travel agents forum i am on.

oh good to know Tammy thanks, I pretty much only fly southwest. They even go to Hawaii now.

Jamy southwest has a codeshare with ATA airlines, you can even use rapid rewards on it, but the flights are limited and ATA does not have the greatest planes, they are old and cramped, but I have found Southwest to be so much cheaper.

I have flown Spirit several times! It's similar to flying charter, they have a limited amount of destinations, not too many flight options. For FI and I who would fly regularly to FL it's a great option.

I have never had to sit on the runway for a ridiculous amount of time. Customer service has been fine and there pricing is comparable to Southwest.

Just yesterday I did hear that they will start charging for luggage and refreshments. I don't mind! It's a nominal fee of $5 per additional bag, you can take only one. Refreshments are $1 each or so. I'd rather be charged $6 than $50 or more if they raised there prices.

Now for my DW I wouldn't try to book my group with them but I would alert guests of this option. Not everyone is comfortable flying budget.