I thought about organizing a golf outing for those that were interested in PV, but we've really decided not to organize any group events outside of the WD and Wedding itself.

But - I thought it would be nice to put some nice golf course options on our website. Problem is - I don't know any!

Do any of you have any recomendations, or "stay away from" tips?

Thanks!

A guest of mine golfs and is all excited to go to the Vista Vallarta Nicklaus course. It was used for a PGA tournament at some point but that's the most I know - sorry . . . check tripadvisor.com too, often they have personal reviews of local attractions. Hope that helped a little ;o)

How was the golf. We are looking at El Tigre for some of the men who do golf on Saturday morning before heading to the pier. (and if our pic is huge Im so sorry trying to figure out how to get that smaller. The pics and I are having issues hahahasmile105.gif

I haven't heard from anyone who's played down there yet. But we're going in just a few weeks for my friend's wedding and are going to play the Vista Vallarta Nicklaus course while we're there. I'll make sure to post a review and try to take some good pics! And I'll keep my ears open for any info on El Tigre.

I've heard good things and tripadvisor had a good review on it.

I'll keep you posted! :-)

i actually didn't leave the resort at all except for my hair trial, and the wedding. that sounds sad, but i just wasn't in "exploring" mode that week at all - and normally we are. we knew that we'd be doing a lot of that the following week in Hawaii, after the wedding. we were all about just hanging around the resort with friends and family. i know that Jamy did a lot more around PV so she'll probably have a few tips. she's usually on a little later at night.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics