Consumption Bar Budget advice?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 1elephant

1elephant
  • VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:52 PM

i'll tell you this much - for $14, there better be about $10 worth of liquor! i like the favor idea (jamy's??) - or, sneak some bottles in and hide them under the tables or in big purses
    i was wondering why you waited to figure this out...but i forgot about molokai. it'll work itself out and you and your guests will have a fantabulous time!

#32 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:28 PM

Just a thought, but what about beer and wine throughout, but only have the maitais or whatever signature drink you serve available during the cocktail hour and after dinner? (meaning, just beer and wine during dinner)

But, check with your WC, she can probably help come up with some siggy drink that will cost less. What about a champagne based tropical drink? Surely using champage would be cheaper than rum... right?

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#33 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
    • 2,262 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

This might seem tight but if cash was going to be an issue i'd do this lol It was done similar at a m8s wedding and no-one gave a stuff they were so happy to have a free bar for a start anyway.

Max 2 cocktails per person, beer and wine only - stick X amount behind the bar and after that they are on their own. It will stop any greedy sods going mad.

#34 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

alyssa, we also did a bar on consumption and here's how it went:

-water, domestic mexican beer & margaritas only for cocktail hour

-red and white wine service only during dinner, each table also had a pitcher of lemonade (really more like limeade in mexico) and iced tea

-open bar the rest of the reception. honestly i saw people mostly drinking beer or margaritas, there were only a few people who had to have something like scotch or tequila (and mainly, those people are alcoholics)

i had heard from someone else who got married at the westin just before me that the waitstaff was a little overzealous with refilling drinks. so we spoke to my WC the day before the wedding and requested that the staff who'd be working for our reception be notified that they were only to refill beverages at a guests' request. that way there would be no extra pouring and the possibility of non-consumption of poured drinks.

#35 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
      • 672 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:51 PM

I had looked at this as well and went with their suggestion to me which was $20 per person for the first hour and $10 for each additional hour. When drinks are $7-$8 each and God knows I know my friends, this was way cheaper for me than to buy individually. I only have 3 non-drinkers and my heavy drinkers will definitely consume their cost but they already said my non-drinkers would be a different price. People alwyas drink more when it is on someone else's dime! Congratulationson your final countdown!

#36 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:17 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by tvt
          I agree. The mai tai is great, but I bet people won't be guzzling them down the entire night. I'd be so sick to my stomach!
          I was going to say this too. Too much mai tai is not a good thing. There's only so much fruity drinks a person can drink so i wouldnt go nuts with them.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#37 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:08 PM

well, we decided to go with a limited bar menu offering - i attached it if anyone is interested in seeing the final choices

Attached Files

#38 Kathie

Kathie
            • 2,654 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:35 PM

Alyssa I think that's perfect. Everyone likes either beer or wine so they will be able to have something to drink. Don't sweat it. Your friends are there because they love you and will not have a problem with beer and wine! Have a wonderful wedding. Can't wait to hear about it.

#39 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:22 PM

What a great menu! Your guests will be very happy.

#40 Alyssa

Alyssa
                • 11,793 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:04 PM

thanks girls!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users