Photo

Need help picking Bridesmaid gifts!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 oohlala68

oohlala68
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

I bought beautiful handmade handbags that look like a bouquet. If you are interested in this idea I will send you a picture of them.

Britt

#22 cancunbride

cancunbride
    • 531 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Erica053009
      Ok so yesterday I bought the knock off of the Tiffany Starfish necklace off ebay 7 of them for like 70$ I think...I didn't want to buy them from multiple sellers so I contacted one seller directly and we figured out how much for each and shipping outside of ebay and I am hoping they will come any day now and be perfect

star fish necklace, Jewelry Watches, Collectibles items on eBay.com

lol. Thats the way to go. I did the same thing and purchased 20 of them for $120

#23 Celina

Celina
      • Banned
      • 2,811 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:39 PM

I did these "swag bags" to give to them before we leave

Click the image to open in full size.

The bags have
        a tank that says maid of honor or bridesmaid or flowergirl
        a tropical lotion
        a tropical lip gloss
        a luggage tag
        a manicure set
        a pair of earrings for every day wear (SS hoops with cz's)

I am also giving them a SS starfish necklace at the rehearsal dinner along with their earrings for the wedding. I also paid for their dresses and shoes.
        "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#24 *Casey*

*Casey*
        • 5,209 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

those are so cute!

#25 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

I bought beach bags and filled them with a bunch of stuff, one of the things in the bags will be the tiffany knockoff starfish necklace i purchased on ebay, it was like $10 including shipping. I think less than that per necklace. And it's really cute. I personally love my Tiffany jewelry but i think my bms would appreciate the knockoff necklace just as much plus they get a whole bunch of other stuff they might like.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#26 Amarillis

Amarillis
            • 1,913 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by meagan
              I know this is early, but it's just the type of person I am. Oh well...I was thinking about what gift to get my bridesmaids for the wedding. I have a small wedding party. Its my 2 sisters (maid and matron of honor) and my 2 nieces as junior bridesmaids (they are 10 and 12 years old). I was going to get them the starfish necklaces from Tiffany. They are kinda cute and I though it would go with the theme.

Tiffany & Co. | Item | Elsa PerettiĀ® Starfish pendant in sterling silver, mini. | United States

I was going to get my sisters the mini (I havent seen them in person, but I figured the mini might be cute. Who wants a huge starfish around their neck) I thought I would get my nieces the mini mini.

Anyway...the mini's are $260 each = $520
              the mini mini's are $216 = $432

so in total it's $952 + tax. (Holy ! Its the first time I added that up)

Am I being stupid to spend that much, or is it normal? What is everyone else giving? I need ideas! I liked this idea, but budget is also important.

HELP!!

I am getting the EXACT same thing for my bridesmaids, and I've bought their shoes, and another necklace for the day of the wedding. The tiffany one is just a keepsake.

I don't think it is out of control, I mean my 2 BM's spent a fortune hosting a fantastic shower, they (along with our BM and GM) are also planning a Stag and Doe

I think it is a fantastic keepsake to honour thier efforts!

#27 ajanders21

ajanders21
              • 57 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:21 PM

I decided against jewelry because of all the wedding jewelry I have received for being someone else's BM, none of it is ever worn again!

I decided to splurge on make up (bobby brown), make up brushes, and other various beauty kit items. I'm spending about 175 for my MOH, but she's worth it... and I know she'll wear it again.

#28 Jess

Jess
                • 4,455 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

Overstock has lots of cute inexpensive starfish necklaces - I mean for the 10 and 12 year old - they probably wouldn't know the difference:

Starfish Silver Necklace Search Results from Overstock.com

Good luck!

#29 beachhappy

beachhappy
                  • 97 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:55 AM

Unless one of your sisters is a Tiffany fanatic I would suggest getting them a less expensive starfish necklace and something else. As for the younger girls I am sure they would love the idea of getting a Tiffany necklace but enjoy something they would use more often. You get them a less expensive starfish necklace and if they do not already have an ipod I am sure they would love one.

#30 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,151 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:00 AM

that is WAY more than i'm thinking of spending on gifts. in fact, my OWN wedding-day jewelry probably won't cost that much. i agree with the other ladies that some people might appreciate getting the name brand gift but the fact is that it's only over-priced (albeit well-designed) sterling silver jewelry. i know people who will wear nothing else but tiffany, but personally i just don't get it, even tho i'm a silver/white gold wearer.

i haven't really given it much thought yet, but i will probably buy their jewelry for the wedding as well as pay for an excursion or spa treatment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users