Photo

Canadians Getting Married in Cuba - Important!!!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
  • Vendor
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

The paperwork is not too complicated,especially if you have a planner who've dealt with Cuban weddings. They can really help you with a lot of stuff and make the whole process much easier.

Symbolic ceremonies are very popular though,especially with Cuba. If you are on a budget and don't want to hire an outside help or don't have time to do all the paperwork then symbolic ceremony is the answer.  Both ceremonies are absolutely the same and unless you tell you guests, they'd never know.

cheers.

#32 JulieG

JulieG
    • VIP Member
    • 8,323 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

Getting married is Cuba was the easiest part of the whole wedding, it is so easy, do not stress about it at all.  Its more complicated here because you have to get a marriage license and then have your certificate sign by your minister or JOP and sent into the govt and you still have to wait for all of that till you can change your name.  Its easier in Cuba.  JMHO

#33 pat291

pat291
      • 33 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

Hello,

I live in oronto canada and wish to marry in cuba. I am not a canadian citizen I am , my fiance is a citizen.  After reading the complications of the documentation etc. we are now considering the symbolic ceremony there.  I want to be able to dress in my wedding dress and take beautiful pictures in cuba but get married first in Canada before we go there. It will just be the 2 of us.

what are some of the prices some of you are getting for this type of thing? including the all inclusive-food accomodation-air fare

You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.

#34 Angie M

Angie M
        • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:26 AM

I have been widowed for more than two years. Do I need the marriage and death certificate? I have changed back to my maiden name a few years ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users