55 replies to this topic

#11 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:04 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
    So Christa, I just want to follow up on this - did you end up paying a travel fee of any kind? Are the prices that are listed on the website what you ended up paying? I saw what she did both with you and Edyta, and now I'm considering her..
    Courtney - no additional travel fee was charged. I paid what was listed on their website, with the exception of a 15% discount on the mani/pedi spa party because I had 10 services.

#12 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:58 PM

Christa,

In your review you didn't talk about their service too much. Is that because you thought they were average? Were you pleased with them? Was there anything about them you didn't like? Did you give them an idea of what you wanted and they interpreted it? What about makeup? Dish all of the details you can!! :)
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#13 EDYTA

EDYTA
      • 1,277 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:05 PM

So I used them also and was really happy with the final product. I did a hair and makeup trial with them also which I had to travel to them for this and let me tell you that was an adventure, we drove and could not find the place at all.

Here are some pcs of what my hair turned out like:
        Click the image to open in full size.

all pictures taken by Juan Carlos Tapia

#14 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
        • 486 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:26 PM

What was the name of the girl that did your hair? Did she also do your makeup? I am going to confirm the services I will be using with them and would like to request her. Thanks!

#15 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:35 PM

Courtney - here's an excerpt from my review - it should address your question:

Suzanne Morel Skin & Hair Salon – A+
            Suzanne is absolutely lovely, classy and on top of her stuff. I highly recommend her services. I went in for a hair & makeup trial on Thursday. Her salon is in the Pedregal community, which is interesting to get to if you don’t know where you are going. I had to ask a few people how to get there, but it all worked out. I called her when I arrived at the security gate, and she sent her concierge down to meet me & show me the way to the salon.

My stylist was Deanna, and she is an absolute perfectionist. She definitely knows what she is doing. She did not speak English, but that was fine because I speak Spanish. However, even if you don’t speak Spanish, it doesn’t matter, because the concierge is there for translation. She did my hair first, and while it looked good, it lacked that “oomph” that a bride should have according to Suzanne. This is probably because I have such fine hair. Suzanne pulled out a hair piece to bulk up my do, and it totally worked. Makeup went perfect, no complaints at all. Before I left they did a re-do on my hair so that it wouldn’t look like the day of hair…Suzanne did this herself and did a really cute style that I will definitely recreate for myself.

The spa day was perfect – without exception. The day of went perfect as well. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this vendor. USE THEM! They work magic.

#16 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:46 PM

Edyta, It's totally not fair that your so pretty, your hubby is cute, you two will have such beautiful children one day.

#17 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
              • 4,979 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:27 PM

Ack, Christa... I totally remember reading that from before! I wonder who's review I read today then! haha. Thanks for reposting that for me! :)
                Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#18 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:49 AM

I can vouch for Edyta's hair- it was amazing...her stylist did an awesome job! If I had wanted an updo I would have totally gone with this stylist after seeing both Christa & Edyta's hair...perfect!

#19 EDYTA

EDYTA
                  • 1,277 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 01:18 PM

The stylist that I had to both my hair and makeup was Adrianna, the only hard part was trying to communicate with her since she didn't speak any english. During the trial they had a translator but the day of they didn't. By then though she knew what she was pretty much doing

#20 EDYTA

EDYTA
                    • 1,277 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 01:19 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TAMMYM
                      Edyta, It's totally not fair that your so pretty, your hubby is cute, you two will have such beautiful children one day.
                      Tammy you're going to make a beautiful bride also...trust me without hair and makeup I'm kinda scary looking lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users