suzanne morel - hair and make-up

Jtds2713

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENESIS View Post
Ladies,

So my question is if I decide to get a man and ped that day it will take up some of what my mother is cancelling.

I'm just not sure of that will be too much for the day of. I don't know what I else I can do not to end up eating the money.
I would absolutley get a mani & pedi, but make sure you do it all early enough so your nails aren't tacky closer to the wedding time, or when you put on your dress!

But might as well! Could you use it for a massage too, b/c I would jump on that...relaxing!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jenesis - I used Suzanne Morel for my hair & make-up and my sister ended up having them do her eyes (make-up) right when I was finished because she loved it. Maybe your mom or sister wants to just do their eyes (partial make-up)? They are SO nice, so I would assume they will give you a credit for manicure/pedicure regardless? Or maybe you could use it towards a trial - are you planning to have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREA14369 View Post
girls does suzanne morel only do up-do's?

Andrea - I used them for my wedding day hair & make-up. They came to my room at Dreams (right on time) and flat ironed my hair (i've never had it straighter!) and kept my make up pretty simple (exactly what I wanted!). They are SO nice & use all MAC make-up. I HIGHLY recommend them!!!!!!

I was originally planning to go to the Dreams spa and after Sarah's review, I changed my mind. I was VERY happy with Suzanne Morel. It's worth the money, you do not want to stress about hair/make-up on your wedding!

Jenesis - I had an experience where I had booked 10 pedis & only 8 ladies showed up, so they were more than happy to allow for 2 mani's instead of the pedis. I think as long as you get services instead of your mom's make up, it should be fine. Now, I avoided all that drama (my mom would have DIED if she knew how much her makeup was) by paying for it all.

Jenesis ~ I'd definitely try to apply the $ to another service.

I just re-read this thread and now I'm thinking I should do a hair trial, esp. since the girl won't speak English....I'm afraid I won't like my wedding hair and I'll have a fit. Do you all think a trial is worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200 View Post

I just re-read this thread and now I'm thinking I should do a hair trial, esp. since the girl won't speak English....I'm afraid I won't like my wedding hair and I'll have a fit. Do you all think a trial is worth it?
Ya, Jess, I think it's worth it. Just imagine: its your wedding day, and you're so excited about the perfect hairstyle to go with your perfect day. But, she can't seem to get it right and you can't seem to explain how it should go... I could just see myself getting stressed because I want it to look right, but we're running out of enough time to get it right. A trial can get all of those kinks out of the way. Plus, you can wear it for the day and make sure its party-proof! wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200 View Post

I asked my hair stylist at home if it's worth it to do the hair trial. She made a good point... no two up-do's a like, so you might still get something different on your wedding day. I'm going to risk it and skip the trial run. (I'd rather be lounging by the pool with my guests anyway.) :)

I just booked my appointments with Suzanne. She was very responsive. Below is the proposal she sent me...

This is the proposal for your Spa Party:

Spa Party

Date: October 19, 2007

Set up: 9:00 am

Starting: 10:00 am

Manicure/Pedicure.......................................... .$90.00 usd

Total............................................. .....................$540.00 usd

10% taxes............................................. .............$54.00 usd

15% tip............................................... ...............$81.00 usd

Grand total............................................. ..........$675.00 usd

Minus deposit given on June 9, 2007............<$100.00 usd>

Balance........................................... ...................$575.00 usd

This is the new proposal for your Wedding day on October 20, 2007:

Date: October 20, 2007

Set up: 10:00 am

Starting time: 10:30 am

Finished: 2:30 pm...Confirm this time please...

Bride long hair.............................................. ....$110.00 usd

Bridesmaids long hair......................................$110.00 usd

Bridesmaids medium hair...............................$90.00 usd

Mom (bride) blow dry.....................................$55.00 usd

Total............................................. ....................$365.00 usd

10% taxes............................................. ............$36.50 usd

15% tip............................................... ..............$54.75 usd

Grand Total............................................. ........$456.25 usd

Minus Deposit given on June 9, 2007.........<$100.00 usd>

Balance........................................... ...............$356.25 usd

Balance Due for Spa Party.........................$575.00 usd

Balance Due for the Wedding Day............$356.25 usd

Grand Total of balance due for the 2 days........$931.25 usd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMEYER70 View Post
Balance Due for the Wedding Day............$356.25 usd
Personally, I think that's a great price. You know you're going to look great - peace of mind in a product like hers is totally worth that to me!

P.S. Why do they include "tip" amount? Why doesn't she just include that in the price if she wants it?