Wedding Expo Info!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jocy

• 209 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:37 PM

I was wondering if anyone had been to a wedding expo before?

My FI and I are going to one in two weeks and we're really not sure what to expect. If anyone can enlighten me on what a "wedding expo" actually is i would really appreciate it!!

#2 tchuchuca

• 361 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:18 PM

I've only been to one and I'm not sure if I'll ever go again. It felt like high pressure sales at every booth! Every photographer, every cake person, everyone with a registry wanted you to sign up with them!!! They get you by saying "OOOOhhh... congratulations! When's your wedding date?" and then go into their sales spiel. Especially if you're a DW bride- there's not much that I found that was worth it...

Sorry if I sound too negative! I just had really high hopes when I went! I did get my garter there and absolutely love it!

#3 ~*petals*~

• 1,572 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:44 PM

I went to one and it was pretty much a waste of time since I'm having a DW. It was all local vendors trying to pitch their products. I could see how it could've been helpful if I was not having a destination wedding, but for me it turned out to be more of a hassle...
        I think if you haven't bought your dress, picked your photog, etc. you could find some good local vendors though!

#4 adias.angel

• 719 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

What about AHR location vendors? We have not picked our AHR location and could definitely use some help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users