Photo

Renewal of Vows vs. Legal Ceremony...help!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 BCBride26

BCBride26
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:07 AM

Just wondering if you could tell me how the wedding turned out, getting a renewal ceremony at the Riu Palace Macao next month, and worried it won't be passable as the legal ceremony

#32 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:47 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BCBride26
      Just wondering if you could tell me how the wedding turned out, getting a renewal ceremony at the Riu Palace Macao next month, and worried it won't be passable as the legal ceremony
      Oh it will be fine. Everyone who has done it that has posted here on BDW says it's so similar to the legal ceremony that no one will know unless you tell them. And since so many couples do the symbolic ceremonies now, resorts are much more in-tune with making sure they appear true to form, for all intents and purposes.

I was worried about this at first too, but no longer.

Now, if I can just get FH to keep his mouth shut b/c he is so excited about signing our legal paperwork he's been letting it slip that we'll be legally married before we leave for our DW. I think duct tape...

#33 Celina

Celina
      • Banned
      • 2,811 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Christa
        Hmm Jennifer, maybe you should go for the legal ceremony then. I would hate for you to feel like you are being deceptive. HOWEVER, should you choose to go the deceptive route I think you could totally pull it off. Who would know whether the officiant is a judge or not? And, you can always bring your souveneir marriage certificate & sign it after the ceremony so it looks like something official is happening...just some thoughts.
        Christa - Chief Investigator...........THAT IS HILLARIOUS!! I keep hearing Dragnet every time I see your picture!

Anyhow, I was thinking the same thing, just take a souvenier certificate and have your attendants sign it.

We are doing a Justice of the Peace wedding here, before hand as well and have only told a couple of people. Our thoughts were the same as yours in thinking we could save the extra money and spend it on something else. Plus We didn't want to be bothered with bloodwork and sending birth certificates.
        "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#34 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:18 PM

In the DR, even the symbolic ceremonies have a signing afterwards ... so the certificate is provided for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users